Do you have a live herb garden in your kitchen?

Reaction score
I love to cook with fresh herbs and I am particularly excited about using the herbs I have grown myself. So, I would love to build an indoor living wall herb garden.

Not only would a living wall herb garden look fantastic in a kitchen but it also makes it convenient to use fresh herbs.

Do you have a live herb garden in your kitchen? I love some of these ideas below.

1-green-white-kitchen-herb-garden-plant-wall-550x550.jpg
5-DIY-indoor-herb-garden-ideas-blackboard-labels-550x824.jpg
18b-mini-indoor-herb-garden-wine-drop-box-in-wood-countertop-550x288.jpg

Reaction score
No, I don't have a nice orderly herb garden like that. I just have some herb plants outside my apartment in mismatched pots, and a ginger plant.
I don't use a lot of oregano and I hate dill so I just have basil, chives and a couple of different varieties of mint.

Reaction score
I like the looks of the kitchen herb garden, but it would totally not be practical in my tiny trailer house . There is only so much space on the walls, and most of that is used up by windows, cupboards and shelves, already.
I have a back deck on the trailer and my herbs and small planters are all out there, at least in the summer. By the time it is too cold, I rearrange the house so that I can bring them inside and put the pots in front of the windows for the winter sun.

Reaction score
I have an outdoor herb planter on the wall outside the kitchen - it's quite handy because I don't need t bend down to get them! We have two rosemary plants (we use quite a lot of it), mint, oregano and sage. The herb we use the most of is actually coriander (aka cilantro), but we use so much that we just buy it fresh from the shops.

Reaction score
Wow that looks amazing, I don't have one but after seeing those pictures it is definitely on my list of things to get. So convenient and beneficial having a whole garden of live herbs to use when you cook. I bet you save a nice chunk of change doing that as well. I have lived in Asia for a few years in a house kind of in the middle of nowhere and there was a bunch of herbs growing outside. It was so convenient to go pick a bunch and cook with it and just live off the land in general. Plus it always beneficial to reduce your exposure to the pesticides they use on most things.

Reaction score
It's on the back deck, although I did buy some basil at the grocery store for cooking weeks ago and it had dirt and roots still on it, so I saved it and stuck it in a cup and water it daily until I can replant it. It's tempting to use up all the basil, though! On the deck we have chives, parsley (curled), rosemary.

Reaction score
This looks fantastic. I would love to have a kitchen like that. Unfortunately I do not have a herb garden in my kitchen, but I am growing a few outdoors. I think this would be such a nice feature to have in a kitchen! My parsley is coming along great ;)

Reaction score
I love to cook with fresh herbs and I am particularly excited about using the herbs I have grown myself. So, I would love to build an indoor living wall herb garden.

Not only would a living wall herb garden look fantastic in a kitchen but it also makes it convenient to use fresh herbs.

Do you have a live herb garden in your kitchen? I love some of these ideas below.

View attachment 22View attachment 23View attachment 24

I really like your herb garden, but I don't have that much room in my kitchen. I am going out this weekend to get me some cilantro,mint and a few others to start my own herb garden as well but will have then on my window sills for now, that is the only place I have room right now. I also want to grow some green peppers and tomatoes that I use a lot of when cooking so i can have them fresh and ready when I need them. Again, your herb garden is really nice!

Reaction score
I would love to have one like that. It would make it so convenient. I think it is really nice. I would be afraid that one of my boys would crash into them! That seriously looks really nice.

Reaction score
I wish I had the space to do that. It looks absolutely wonderful. My mum does have a big backyard where she grows her own herbs and also some vegetables so I have always been spoilt with good,tasty fresh food growing up. I did see a grow your own cilantro pot at my local supermarket but I am so bad at tending plants so I guess I'll be sticking to getting fresh herbs weekly from the market.

Reaction score
We don't have an herb garden in the kitchen; however, you can find random herbs in our outdoor garden such as chives, basil, and mint!

Reaction score
I would love to have something like that! Need some fresh herbs? Just get out the scissors and snip some off! Unfortunately, I don't currently have enough room.

Reaction score
The thing that's inconvenient about growing herbs at home is the pests. Aphids and slugs find my plants yummy so I'm always finding half eaten leaves.
I don't know how the herb plants at the store are so perfect, mine are always under attack.

Reaction score
I would love to have my own herb/fruit/vegetable garden at home. They say using them fresh is way better than the store bought ones. Problem is, I don't have a green thumb. I tried planting chili pepper on my window sill. It grew until a foot long so I transferred it on a garden plot. I was so happy with my accomplishment. Unfortunately, after 2 days the insects got to it. Ate all the leaves and leaving my plant dead :(. Now I am giving it another try and this time I will give time for it to grow bigger before I transfer it. Fingers crossed that my chili pepper will be a success and then I can try other kinds of vegetation.

Reaction score
I adore the look of these but don't have one in my kitchen directly! I have all my herbs growing in my front yard which is just outside my kitchen window. I just pop straight out the front door to grab them fresh when I need them - it's lovely!

Reaction score
I don't have one right now, but very soon I might be having my own herb gardening, if not in my kitchen in my garden :) I plan to get at least some herbs for my garden, so I can at least get fresh herbs for my diswhes

Reaction score
No I do not, but since the outside one is turning into a mess and I will probably never be able to contend with that, I should consider a kitchen garden in the true sense of the words.

Reaction score
I do not have a herb garden in my kitchen. Whenever I am seeing those who have this one in their kitchen I am always amazed how they had grown those herbs and dream of having like that thing. Well I do hope in due time I can have also my own herb garden in my kitchen where I will just pick fresh herbs and use it in my cooking.

Reaction score
No I don't have one. I did try making one, but then we went through a drought (still are) and it just died. It was an outdoor one though because my kitchen is too small. If we move I would love to make one like the one with the jars and the plank. I love how that looks! ALthough, I would also love to use test tubes in a test tube holder (we're geeks:D).

What I do in a tiny corner of the kitchen counter is regrow green onions. It's easy and it doesn't need much care. But my goal IS to have my own garden with herbs and veggies.

Reaction score
Only today I asked my husband if he could find the guy he fired so he could rehire him. No one can deal with that garden like he did. He was a machine of a human being. Someone came some weeks back and tried to clean up the area. I watched from my kitchen window as he would crouch and appear to asking what the ............he had gotten himself into.

I guess I have some space in my kitchen, but I could see myself creating quite a mess. I miss my garden. Now all I have are some lime trees, plantain trees and a mango tree.

Ask a Question