Do you have a specific cookie sheet you always use?

Reaction score
I do not pay much attention to the kind of cookie sheets I buy. To me, they all are created equal except for a few bells and whistles.

Do any of you have a specific cookie sheet you always use?

14053756.jpg

Reaction score
I like the handles on this one. The one I use is so old. It's open ended. I think once the holidays are over I'm going to toss all, or most of my old bakeware and get new.

Reaction score
I use a stainless steel cookie sheet and parchment paper. I use it to make all of my cookies. I do not have a specific cookie sheet to use. I purchase my cookie sheets from Walmart. Walmart offers a variety of cooking sheets.

Reaction score
I'm also a fan of stainless steel cookie sheets. They last longer.
I just got a great set of cookie sheets as one of my Christmas gifts. I really needed new ones. My old cookie sheets had started to rust. It was definitely time to replace them.

Reaction score
I really like the stone cookie sheets. I use them for everything that I bake. I will not have to worry about rust or scraping the nice shiny metal look. The stone though I find you have to take the stuff out a few minutes prior due to it getting hotter than a normal cookie sheet. Clean up is also easier, just scrap with the plastic scrapper and rinse. Has anyone else used the stone pans?

Reaction score
I have two favorite cookie sheets that I always use. They are very special to me. They were given to me by my grandmother. She had a set of them and loved them and so she bought me a set as well. In fact, she bought all of her granddaughters a set. They are very nice, strong and sturdy stainless steel sheets. I absolutely love them! They are very large and just barely fit in my oven!

Reaction score
We have some really nice stainless steel ones that are collecting dust in our cupboard. I love them but, they don't fit in the oven we now have. The one we use is looking pretty rough. It's stained with grease and whatnot. We recently started covering it with aluminum foil or parchment paper but at some point I will toss it.

Reaction score
Just don't do what I did and buy the cheapest set in the store. The ones I have are not good. They are way too thin and warp when the are put in the oven. No matter how well I grease or spray them food get plastered to the baking sheet. I am not looking in to a new set to replace the cheap ones I bought. I hear Rachel Ray make bakeing sheet .

Reaction score
I too have cookie sheets that are warped. They make a loud noise in the oven when they "pop" because they are warped, and it scares me every time. :) I also have some heavy duty deep cookie sheets that aren't warped. I just use the right size cookie for the job, and I always use parchment paper!

Reaction score
My favorite cookie sheets are still the really old ones that I've had for many years. I have purchased plenty since then and I don't know.... they just never seem to last as long or my cookies don't seem to cook the same way, etc. I love my old ones even though they're stained, warped, and in desperate need of being replaced.

Reaction score
I always use cheap cookie sheets, and they work just fine! I line them with parchment paper anyway.

Reaction score
I always use an Oneida cookie sheet from their professional line that they sell at Walmart. It has a nice nonstick coating, feels substantial and has edges that you can grab on to with an oven mitt.

Reaction score
Well I have to confess, I had never baked a cookie until I came to this forum. That said, I was surprise to find I had a couple sheets hanging around or more like hiding away, when I decided to try out the two ingredient cookie some time back. They have to be quite old but there was not rust so they must be of half decent quality. I will work with them for now until I graduate.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Winterybella, how do you go your whole life without baking a cookie? Wow, that is shocking. I have. Had the same cookie sheets for years and they are no discolored and worn. I just line them with parchment paper.

Reaction score
Winterybella, how do you go your whole life without baking a cookie? Wow, that is shocking. I have. Had the same cookie sheets for years and they are no discolored and worn. I just line them with parchment paper.

Yes Tina Nord. My whole life and it's a lot of life:). Nearly fifty years. I was never into much baking. I had some early mishaps and just was not inclined. I don't like to fail so those early experiences left me wounded.

I am a cook and I make up for baking with my cooking. Now you have put it to me like that I might bake some tonight. Take up the cookie challenge. If I do it's going to be a cake mix I picked up recently. A Betty Crocker chocolate chip mix. I am actually spending a lot of time today checking out recipes for something you can mess up but still could be a hit with the ingredients I have on hand.

Reaction score
Winterybella, how do you go your whole life without baking a cookie?

Tina Nord, I might not be typical to write two consecutive replies for I had to come and say I baked some cookies last evening. It did not happen the day in question but it happened yesterday. I feel like I let them stay in the oven just a little bit too long, but they can be eaten and enjoyed. I will not mention if I baked them from scratch or whether it was a cookie mix:).

Reaction score
Winterybella- The rule of thumb with most cookies is to bake them no more than 10 minutes. Homemade ones are always better than ones made from a cookie mix...if you so happened to use a mix for these cookies you made:)

Ask a Question