Do You Have Any Baking Recipe For The Winter Season?

Reaction score
It is already cold here in our place and it only means that Winter Season is coming and I am thinking what kind of baking goodies I will bake that we can enjoy eating when the Winter comes.

Do you have any baking recipe for the winter season that is easy and simple to make that you would like to share in this forum?

Reaction score
When I think Winter I think Christmas, and the first thing I think of when I think Christmas baked goods is Christmas Pudding!

Ingredients:

• 1 cup raisins
  • 1 cup sultanas
  • 1 cup self-raising flour
  • 1 cup finely grated butter (about 115g/4oz)
  • 1 cup fresh brown breadcrumbs (from around 4 thick slices of bread)
  • 1 cup light muscovado sugar
  • 1 cup mixed nuts, chopped plus extra to decorate
  • 1 tsp groud mixed spice
  • 1 cup milk
  • butter, for greasing

For the butterscotch sauce
  • 85g butter
  • 100g light muscovado sugar
  • 200ml double cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Method
  1. For the pudding, empty the first six cups and the nuts, if using, into a mixing bowl with the spices, then stir in the milk and egg. Once well combined, tip into a buttered 1.5 litre pudding bowl.
  2. Cover with a double layer of buttered foil, making a pleat in the centre to allow the pudding to rise. Tie the foil securely with string, then place in a steamer or large pan containing enough gently simmering water to come halfway up the sides of the bowl. Steam, covered with a lid, for 21⁄2 hours. Check the water level during cooking, topping up if necessary. If you are preparing this pudding ahead, remove the foil, let it cool slightly, then wrap in cling film and then fresh foil. If you are serving it immediately, unwrap and invert onto a deep plate.
  3. For the sauce, put everything in a pan and bring slowly to the boil, stirring. Allow to bubble away for 2-3 minutes, still stirring, until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce is pale caramel in colour and slightly thickened. Remove from the heat. Pour the sauce over the pudding and decorate with the whole mixed nuts.

Reaction score
When I think Winter I think Christmas, and the first thing I think of when I think Christmas baked goods is Christmas Pudding!

Ingredients:

• 1 cup raisins
  • 1 cup sultanas
  • 1 cup self-raising flour
  • 1 cup finely grated butter (about 115g/4oz)
  • 1 cup fresh brown breadcrumbs (from around 4 thick slices of bread)
  • 1 cup light muscovado sugar
  • 1 cup mixed nuts, chopped plus extra to decorate
  • 1 tsp groud mixed spice
  • 1 cup milk
  • butter, for greasing
For the butterscotch sauce
  • 85g butter
  • 100g light muscovado sugar
  • 200ml double cream
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
Method
  1. For the pudding, empty the first six cups and the nuts, if using, into a mixing bowl with the spices, then stir in the milk and egg. Once well combined, tip into a buttered 1.5 litre pudding bowl.
  2. Cover with a double layer of buttered foil, making a pleat in the centre to allow the pudding to rise. Tie the foil securely with string, then place in a steamer or large pan containing enough gently simmering water to come halfway up the sides of the bowl. Steam, covered with a lid, for 21⁄2 hours. Check the water level during cooking, topping up if necessary. If you are preparing this pudding ahead, remove the foil, let it cool slightly, then wrap in cling film and then fresh foil. If you are serving it immediately, unwrap and invert onto a deep plate.
  3. For the sauce, put everything in a pan and bring slowly to the boil, stirring. Allow to bubble away for 2-3 minutes, still stirring, until the sugar has dissolved and the sauce is pale caramel in colour and slightly thickened. Remove from the heat. Pour the sauce over the pudding and decorate with the whole mixed nuts.
This is great! Actually before I had tried making a different version of this pudding but it is a failure and the ingredients are just wasted that is why I did not hesitate to try making it again. Your recipe seems to be delicious and is just easy to make. I will try on this one and thanks for sharing :)

Ask a Question