Baking Attire: Yay or Nay?

Reaction score
These days, I toss my apron aside for a casual clothes (t-shirt and jeans) while baking goods. Why? I don't mind getting them dirty. However, I still have relatives (especially men) who enjoy sporting traditional baking attire. It gets them in the mindset to do this activity.

What about you?

Cute . . .
dressedtogrill3.jpg

Reaction score
Nope, I bought an apron a while ago and I never actually wear it, because I go in the kitchen dressed to work and wearing clothes that I don't mind getting dirty.

Reaction score
These days, I toss my apron aside for a casual clothes (t-shirt and jeans) while baking goods. Why? I don't mind getting them dirty. However, I still have relatives (especially men) who enjoy sporting traditional baking attire. It gets them in the mindset to do this activity.

What about you?

Cute . . .
dressedtogrill3.jpg
You know, I never thought about it. I have only a couple of aprons to begin with, but when I'm ready to bake, whatever I'm wearing is fine. I have gotten home from church and started baking, in what I had on. Was it dirty? Of course, but for me, if I can't get something I'm wearing dirty, I really don't need to spend the money on it. But then, I've never really been a girly girl, or keen on fashion...so what do I know???

Reaction score

What about you?

Cute . . .
dressedtogrill3.jpg

To me I guess it sounds kind of silly to say that I have "baking clothes" but I guess I do find myself saying "I have to change. I can't bake in this!" So I guess you might say I have clothes that I don't wear while baking.

Reaction score
I do not have a certain outfit that I wear for baking. At the same time I do wear an apron and casual clothes. I make sure that I am not wearing nothing that I really like or is expensive.

Reaction score
I also just wear clothes that I don't mind getting dirty. I have never been a fan of aprons. They look nice on other people, but they get on my nerves and I feel funny wearing one. I prefer just to wear and tee shirt and some old pants to bake in.

Reaction score
When i am baking i usually wear my everyday clothes that i wear around the house , which is mostly house dresses or old tees...i tend to stay away from the kitchen when i'm wearing my dress clothes.

Reaction score
Yes, I suppose I do, but my cleaning and baking clothes are pretty much the same; they can all be bleached, stained with grease, ruined and I won't care. If I am in a rush and must cook/bake in my good clothes then I wear an apron.

Ask a Question