Do you have summer bucket list?

Reaction score
In the past few summers, I have either worked around the clock, or studied or something else. I miss a lot of the summer things people do, not only vacations, but all summer things...So now, I am still working, but regular hours. I can afford some more summer things. And since I got tired of people posting pictures of things they are doing this summer, I made my own list of what I am doing.
Do you do something like that? Do you have a list of what you want to do during the summer, or other periods? Not like work tasks or achievements, but everything, like reading books, going to the beach, learning to dance salsa, going to music festival and things like that?

Reaction score
I really look forward to the lazy days of summer and do not even really have to go anywhere to enjoy them. I have a trip to pick blueberries planned with my kids, a trip to the lake planned with my friends, and a weekend getaway at some point this summer. We are trying to get some money saved and so I don't have major plans.

Reaction score
God, I wish. Much like yourself in the past, I'm having to work/study through my summer. I'm getting enough money together to buy a phone, which I'll use to get into drop shipping. I can easily make two hundred pounds of profit off of one £130 phone, but I have to buy that phone first!

I guess I might be able to do something in August if I'm lucky?

Reaction score
I really look forward to the lazy days of summer and do not even really have to go anywhere to enjoy them. I have a trip to pick blueberries planned with my kids, a trip to the lake planned with my friends, and a weekend getaway at some point this summer. We are trying to get some money saved and so I don't have major plans.
That sounds amazing! I have spend so many summers overworking that I am now not certain how to relax, really! I am trying though. Meanwhile half of the summer is gone.:(
God, I wish. Much like yourself in the past, I'm having to work/study through my summer. I'm getting enough money together to buy a phone, which I'll use to get into drop shipping. I can easily make two hundred pounds of profit off of one £130 phone, but I have to buy that phone first!
I guess I might be able to do something in August if I'm lucky?
Good luck, I know the feeling! I do need a lot of money for a lot of things, but I have just started training for a job that will hopefully pay twice what I make now- though that will take 2 months to get to. In the meantime, now that I do not have deadline for university tuition, I am not having a hard time to make myself overwork without any too pressing matters- I keep telling myself some things can wait a month or two more. Those last summers wiped me out, I wish I had the energy to do it again that way.

Reaction score
Good luck, I know the feeling! I do need a lot of money for a lot of things, but I have just started training for a job that will hopefully pay twice what I make now- though that will take 2 months to get to. In the meantime, now that I do not have deadline for university tuition, I am not having a hard time to make myself overwork without any too pressing matters- I keep telling myself some things can wait a month or two more. Those last summers wiped me out, I wish I had the energy to do it again that way.
Unfortunately my things can't wait a month or two. I need to make my money for not only tuition, but also rent, and living costs for next year. I should be able to do it in installments rather than one big lump sum, but still I need to make as much money as I can now just so that I can pay the first few installments, and have enough left over for food and such.

Reaction score
Unfortunately my things can't wait a month or two. I need to make my money for not only tuition, but also rent, and living costs for next year. I should be able to do it in installments rather than one big lump sum, but still I need to make as much money as I can now just so that I can pay the first few installments, and have enough left over for food and such.
I know the feeling, I have had it for years. In fact, now may be my only chance to actually do it. I still can't completely relax, need to cover my regular bills, but it's definitely better than before.

Reaction score
I know the feeling, I have had it for years. In fact, now may be my only chance to actually do it. I still can't completely relax, need to cover my regular bills, but it's definitely better than before.
Well hopefully I can catch up to you next year and not have left this so long! Good news is, I did just get what I think is confirmation that I'll be able to repeat this year, which means that all my work to try and get this money together, and getting in debt to various people-long term loans, so that's at least something-won't have been for nothing at least!

Reaction score
Yep! There's a few things on my summer list that I want to do, such as..

- Do lots of reading for fun, not for school
- Learn more recipes
- Work out more and start running again
- Take more pictures

More importantly though I need to keep applying to jobs and crank out more job applications :)

Reaction score
This summer I am looking to try new things, even if it is as simple as renting a kayak or going to a new neighborhood in my city. I am trying to step back and appreciate things, especially those that do not cost a lot of money, and I have found that by doing this I will create new memories and get to spend more time with family and friends.

Reaction score
At the beginning of the summer, I had a bucket list. Now I'm just trying to get caught up on my rent and bills so that I can salvage the rest of the summer.
It only took a couple of small things going wrong to put me in a financial hole and now I'll have to double or triple my efforts to dig myself out.
If I can get caught up, my daughter and I can still spend the first couple of weeks of August doing fun stuff that we missed out on because I was too busy working.

Reaction score
At the beginning of the summer, I had a bucket list. Now I'm just trying to get caught up on my rent and bills so that I can salvage the rest of the summer.
It only took a couple of small things going wrong to put me in a financial hole and now I'll have to double or triple my efforts to dig myself out.
God, I know that feeling. You mess up once, and suddenly you've messed up everything else. It's a big snowball of failing!

Reaction score
God, I know that feeling. You mess up once, and suddenly you've messed up everything else. It's a big snowball of failing!
I so know the feeling too! I was so determined to do the best out of the summer for once...but I'm still largely anxious, though not only for money, so I have to take a lot of things slow...and then before you know it, half of the summer is over. And now I have to figure out how to make the best out of the remaining time.

Reaction score
I so know the feeling too! I was so determined to do the best out of the summer for once...but I'm still largely anxious, though not only for money, so I have to take a lot of things slow...and then before you know it, half of the summer is over. And now I have to figure out how to make the best out of the remaining time.
Just accept what's happened is the best way of doing it. Then start it slow. Take everything slowly, and don't worry too much about the future. Each new day is another chance to make money, and it's a little bit closer to your goal, you know?

Reaction score
Just accept what's happened is the best way of doing it. Then start it slow. Take everything slowly, and don't worry too much about the future. Each new day is another chance to make money, and it's a little bit closer to your goal, you know?
Thank you! That is nice to hear. I mean, I know it, but I still find it so hard to slow myself down. It seems impossible at times.

Reaction score
By my calculations, if I can get caught up on my bills this week, I can still salvage the rest of August and take my daughter somewhere cool before the school year starts again.
I've been working all summer to get caught up financially and it feels like we missed all the fun of summer vacation. And now it's almost over.

Reaction score
Thank you! That is nice to hear. I mean, I know it, but I still find it so hard to slow myself down. It seems impossible at times.
Yeah I understand that myself. Just had the discussion about whether or not I should be getting a loan for my next year of school or not. Today is not a good day so far, and it's almost finished
By my calculations, if I can get caught up on my bills this week, I can still salvage the rest of August and take my daughter somewhere cool before the school year starts again.
I've been working all summer to get caught up financially and it feels like we missed all the fun of summer vacation. And now it's almost over.

Hey, at least that's some good news! I'm happy for you and your little girl :)

If I'm lucky and Amazon sends me my refund

Reaction score
Yeah I understand that myself. Just had the discussion about whether or not I should be getting a loan for my next year of school or not. Today is not a good day so far, and it's almost finished
Same here. I've been working online almost the full day, and researched new opportunities...and I have made almost nothing! Feels really frustrating, it's not like this usually. But tonight I'm taking time to improve some of my skills. Hopefully that will help. Not ready to give up on my day yet.

Reaction score
If you guys want a laugh to forget your troubles, you should check out my thread called "Disgusting Food Ads". It's kind of funny to see how Americans ate in the 50's.

Reaction score
I had a summer bucket list but it seems like it all just withered away little by little. I did get a lot done though like, I went rock climbing, and learned how to swim, and then also learned a new martial arts.

Reaction score
Same here. I've been working online almost the full day, and researched new opportunities...and I have made almost nothing! Feels really frustrating, it's not like this usually. But tonight I'm taking time to improve some of my skills. Hopefully that will help. Not ready to give up on my day yet.
Well, I expect that I'll be out of debt with the bank by the end of the week, if things go right, and I'll be able to pay my phone bill by next week.

After that, it's all (reasonably) smooth sailing.

Ask a Question