Cookie Cutters: Do You Own Them? Any Recommendations?

Reaction score
Am I alone here? I have never owned cookie cutters and understandably so since I never really thought I would be baking cookies. I was primarily a box cake baker but now things have changed. Recently I baked some treats for my dogs and it was then I realised some cookie cutters would have been great. Still I had fun creating my own styles and shapes.

Do you have cookie cutters and is there a particular brand you would recommend?

Reaction score
I do! It's funny because my husband's grandmother gave him like a 150 piece cookie cutter set and it has everything you can think of; trees, teddy bear, fish, dog bone, etc. We also have some random ones like a corgi (my husband and I love corgis), and a few ninja ones :p

Reaction score
My mother and grandmother both have an entire drawer full of cookie cutters. I was once given a good sized ziplock bag of them, but after they sat around for 3 years, I gave them away because I have never, ever felt the desire to make rolled cookies. They are simply to much time, effort and mess for the amount you get. And you can't really roll anything gluten free, so I gave them away. Just thinking about doing rolled cookies makes me groan inside at the thought of all that work.

Reaction score
I don't own any cookie cutters, but I plan to get some in the future :) I might be baking cookies a little more often soon, so getting some good cookie cutters is definitely a good investment. I'll get the metal ones tho. Not sure which brand to recommend you, because we live in different countries, but I advice you to stay away from anything made from silicon or plastic... specially if made in china!

Reaction score
I don't own any cookie cutters, but I plan to get some in the future :) I might be baking cookies a little more often soon, so getting some good cookie cutters is definitely a good investment. I'll get the metal ones tho. Not sure which brand to recommend you, because we live in different countries, but I advice you to stay away from anything made from silicon or plastic... specially if made in china!

I have recollections of you not being a "Chinese products" fan. You remember my dog treats that I designed myself? Whenever I look at the picture it cracks me up looking at my poor artistic skills/creative skills. Cutters or not my girls had they treats and I am going to be making them some more today or tomorrow. I have not gone shopping in a while. I will pick up some soon and hope they don't cost a fortune.I have been looking online and they seem inexpensive. Home it might be a different story.

Reaction score
I have an assortment of holiday cookie cutters, but nothing for just making general cut out cookies throughout the year. I need to invest in some new cutters. I do not like the ones that have the solid tops, but rather the hollow shape ones that just cut the basic shape of the cookie.

Reaction score
I love fondant decorating so cookie cutters are ideal, as well as the fondant shapers. EBay have some great o es. Cheap as chips.

Reaction score
I have fond memories of grandma and I using cookie cutters, no shame there. Grandma taught me if there was a tool to help you bake then by all means use it. She only ever stuck to the metal ones though. We used everything from stars, to hearts to pumpkins and anything else she had hid up her sleeve.

I still use her cookie cutter to this day not only for cookies but for pastries and breads as well :p

Reaction score
I have recollections of you not being a "Chinese products" fan. You remember my dog treats that I designed myself? Whenever I look at the picture it cracks me up looking at my poor artistic skills/creative skills. Cutters or not my girls had they treats and I am going to be making them some more today or tomorrow. I have not gone shopping in a while. I will pick up some soon and hope they don't cost a fortune.I have been looking online and they seem inexpensive. Home it might be a different story.

Hehehe, yeah, I'm not a big fan of Chinese products, lol, specially in the kitchen! No Chinese stuff in my kitchen... other than Chinese food (yes, please!). If you can, then pick the metallic ones... those are the very best and will last almost a lifetime! =D The other day I saw a full plastic basket full of the metallic ones at walmart... so many shapes! I didn't get them :confused:

Reaction score
Sometimes I wish there was a Walmart near me, I hear of some great finds there, but I do not want to drive 45 minutes to get to the nearest one! I also try not to have many Chinese things in my home, but it is getting harder and harder to avoid them these days.

Reaction score
There is no Walmart in my country but it's where I pick up a lot of household stuff and kitchen equipment.when I travel. I have bought many appliances from there in the past One time I used to travel every two months but not so much these days. We are in a recession, so my travels are at "recess" so to speak.:)

Reaction score
I have a plastic shoebox full of cookie cutters that I picked up at various clearance sales. My favorites are shaped like vampire bats and coffins.
I think about donating them because I rarely use them, but my daughter wants me to keep them and bake with her more.

Reaction score
I have a plastic shoebox full of cookie cutters that I picked up at various clearance sales. My favorites are shaped like vampire bats and coffins.
I think about donating them because I rarely use them, but my daughter wants me to keep them and bake with her more.

Then you should probably keep them. That you daughter wants to bake with you is wonderful. I actually thought I was going to get my grown son to join me in the kitchen when I baked something he requested recently. He actually seemed like he was going to make the effort but alas I was disappointed. I hope he joins me before he moves out.

When I checked one store recently I did not see anything really exciting in terms of shapes.

Reaction score
I have a couple of holiday cookie cutters. Usually use them for cuppie decorations, BUT I recently came across geeky 3D printed cookie cutters on Etsy and now I HAVE to make cookies with those. LOLOL

Reaction score
Okay, I feel the need to post here again. So my husband and I went shopping at the mall and decided to stop into Cooks Corner a local hidden gem. Anyhoo while we were in there they had this clearance isle and while I was browsing I came across Rainbow and these cute little Heart cookie cutters.

I know, I know how stereotypical that the gay man would get excited over the rainbow ones right but I was so excited to try and make real rainbow cookies that I had to post this picture the cookie cutters make this same pattern. :p I told ya it was cool.

cimg0717.jpg

Reaction score
OMG, those cookies look awesome!!! I dont eat sweets but not only do they look great decorated, but they look tasty!!! I need to practice cookies more cause mine defnitiely dont look like that!! LOLOL LOVE! LOVE LOVE them!

Ask a Question