Do you prefer baking cakes or decorating?

Reaction score
I'm not very good at decorating, I just don't have the patience, but I love baking a cake which tastes really good. What do you prefer? I think really well decorated cakes can look amazing, I'm just not that artistic and always seem to mess it up if I try.

Reaction score
It would definitely have to be baking for me; when it comes to decorating i could never achieve the correct consistency for the icing so i never bother myself much about decorating; i stick to what i'm best at and that's baking.

Reaction score
I definitely prefer baking the cakes, because the flavor and texture are what matter most to me, and then by the end of it I might be too tired, impatient, or even hungry to make sure that it looks nice before chowing down.

Reaction score
I prefer baking and trying out new recipes. I wish I was a good decorator but I'm really not. I'm lucky I can ice the cake without ruining it. It's great when you are baking things that are pleasing to look at without decoration like cookies, pies and cobblers, etc. My daughter really loves owls and wanted an owl themed cake two years ago BUT she also wanted a homemade cake!!! This was truly a dilemma because I cannot decorate. I went to the craft store and got little wooden owls in vivid colors along with some butterflies and flowers and we put those on the cake. We also used the little owls as cupcake topppers so it worked out. If you are innovative you can still make a cake look great without being a master decorator.

Ask a Question