Do you prefer cooking with kids or alone? Or other adults?

Reaction score
Depends on if I'm cooking for a celebration, fun or home. If I'm cooking for a celebration, I rather bake alone so I can pay attention to the details more. For everything else, I'd enjoy everyone's company.

Reaction score
I love letting my daughter help me. She's only four years old, and she gets so excited when I let her help. Whether she simply pushes the buttons to turn on the oven or she's dumping the ingredients I've already measured out for her into a bowl to stir, she loves it. I do the stuff she's not quite ready for and she helps with the safe, easier tasks.

Reaction score
I love to be able to cook with my kids. Their minds are like little sponges and they really want to learn how to do everything in the kitchen. The reason that I enjoy cooking with them so much is that it gives me the opportunity to teach them that they may not get otherwise.

Reaction score
I like to cook or bake alone. I like having the space all to myself and time to just zone out and focus on what I am doing, When I have children I will definitely bake with them because some of my favorite childhood memories are of baking with my Mom of Grandmother, but for the time being I enjoy the alone time aspect of baking.

Reaction score
I love to cook with other members of my family, especially the boyfriend, but I also like cooking with my younger cousins too :) I do like baking alone as well, but I think it's more fun with a large group of people!

Reaction score
I prefer cooking alone unless it's with kids. Kids I can handle, other adults... I'd rather not! ;)

Reaction score
As a dad, I prefer baking with my kid rather than baking alone. I know it's a lot of messier, and sometimes you will be irritated with your kid but I would rather choose baking with my son because its making up with the lost time when your away from him or at work. The happiness i see in his eyes when he rolls the dough, the curiosity he has on how it will turn into a cake, the so many questions coming from him and that feeling you get when his looking up to you saying "im excited! I will eat what we've baked mom! Im sure we will love it". I dont care if the table is messier, what's more important to me is that we are having fun. Kids love to cook, and baking with them is a starting point to opening their minds to a possible beautiful carrer in cooking or baking. Who knows one day they wanna be a chef because they loved cooking with their dad and mom when they were still a kid. Messy tables, not so perfect dough can never be replaced with the feelings i get, seeing your kid that he's very happy baking with you.

Reaction score
I've never had a chance to bake with children since I don't have any but I do know that I like to bake with my older brother. When we bake together we always work so well together. I think baking with kids might be fun as long as they know how to listen.

Reaction score
It depends on what I am baking and what I am baking it for. If its a kid friendly recipe I am always happy to let my five year old assist. But, If I have something important to bake for like a special cake for an event and the recipe is more complicated I would just assume do it alone. Sometimes having help just confuses things and things can be done wrong. I love baking with my daughter who enjoys cracking the eggs and decorating birthday cakes for people.

Reaction score
Most of the time, I cook alone. However, I do enjoy cooking with my young son. He enjoys learning how to cook and bake. It's a great Mother-Son moment that also teaches him life skills. It's very fun and rewarding. We have lots of laughs while creating some really interesting meals.

Reaction score
I prefer to cook alone as its my time to myself. Also, my kitchen is very literally made for one person so any more than that in there at one time and it gets hot and crowded. My son is too young to join me right now but I do plan on including him when he gets older. I want him to know how to cook. When everyone is eating pop-tarts for breakfast at college, I hope he's the one making poached eggs!

Reaction score
I think I have cooked with my mom when I was little, and I have nice memories from it. But I currently don't have children of my own, so I don't quite know how to deal with them. And I am still new in the kitchen, so I cook well, but messy. So it often much more solitary act for me, like meditation. I like to do it alone. Others just get in the way. Every once in a while it's fun cooking with someone, but preferably adult. I sometimes do it with a friend, every once in a while with my boyfriend, which is kind of romantic. I wouldn't know what to do with a child.

Reaction score
I love having my daughter better known as my mini me in the kitchen with me. However, if I'm cooking for an family event or gathering, I would prefer to be alone. My mini me loves being my ''special helper'' and I love those special moments!

Reaction score
Honestly i think it's all down to the mood that i'm in at that particular moment; at times there is nothing greater than having the kids in the kitchen with me and then there are times when i just want to be alone in the kitchen, especially when i am trying out a new recipe.

Ask a Question