Do You Put Milk In Tea?

Reaction score
When I was younger my grandma use to put milk in her tea. I didn't really like it back then but now I've taken a liken to it.

Do you guys put milk in your tea?

Reaction score
For me it depends on what kind of tea it is. I really like milk in thai tea and chai tea. It really isn't the same without it. However, I would never put it in a lemon tea, a green tea, or any kind of fruit flavored tea. That just seems a little gross to me!

Reaction score
I put milk in my tea, I can't drink it without having it. I like when my tea is a little creamy and it cools it a little so it doesn't burn my mouth when I drink it. A friend of mine refuses to drink it with milk because he says that the milk spoils when it touches the hot tea. I don't know his logic, but I still like my milk in tea. :cool:

Reaction score
Oh! I didn't remember about putting milk in tea.

Yes, my mother used to give my sister and I tea with milk in childhood, but at a later time I was introduced into a tea culture that did not only include milk in the service, but cream besides a series of pastries and miniature sandwiches, and many times lemons too for those guests preferring these over a dairy addon.

Overtime I lost that custom and had forgotten how tasty tea was with either milk, cream or lemon :)

Reaction score
Only in the last 11 years I didn't do it before that. If I didn't have a bit of milk in my tea I wouldn't have tea then

Reaction score
I put milk in black tea, chai, yerba mate and Thai iced tea. I don't put milk in green tea or herbal teas. I can't imagine drinking Earl Grey or Tetley British Blend without milk

Reaction score
No, I do not put milk in my tea. I am a big fan of lemon and honey. This combo sweetens up my tea in a wonderful way.

honey-tea-with-lemon-thumb14506071.jpg

Reaction score
When I was younger my grandma use to put milk in her tea. I didn't really like it back then but now I've taken a liken to it.

Do you guys put milk in your tea?

No, I don't like milk in my tea. I think it dilutes the taste of tea and makes it taste more like a milkshake than a cup of tea. Instead, I like to put honey or sugar in my tea. You can still taste the tea flavor along with the sweetener.

Reaction score
I have never heard of putting milk in tea so that's a new one for me. I can't imagine how it would taste but I've never tried it so who knows, I might like it.

Reaction score
I have actually never been one to drink hot tea so that has never been something that has crossed my mind. I am more of the kind of person that really enjoys drinking Southern style sweet iced tea.

That said, on those few occasions where I do drink hot tea, I don't think that I would like milk in it at all. Of course, that could be because of the fact that I'm not a milk drinker either.

Reaction score
Yes, I enjoy adding milk to my tea! When I feel like drinking something rich and creamy, that is what I opt for. When it's hot out, I like to add lemon and honey and make it an iced tea to cool me down. I enjoy all different kinds of tea, so I would be willing to try something unique!

Reaction score
I tried milk in my tea before, but that didn't taste so good. I just add honey, and lemon to my tea. I'm a basic person when it comes to food and drinks.

Reaction score
Thats not good at all heard about it and tried it, and it did not go well at all.

Reaction score
I always put milk in my tea no matter what kind it is. Green tea, Chai tea, Peppermint tea, it doesn't matter. I actually can't drink it without milk. I need the creamy goodness that it adds.

Reaction score
No, no, no. I don't like mixing the cooler milk into hot tea. Something about the look and smell of it is off putting to me. (I apologize if that sounds rude.) I like putting a little bit of sugar and a ton of lemon in my tea. I did have a dessert type tea once (hazelnut) and the idea of milk in that didn't seem as bad as in regular black tea.

Ask a Question