Do you try to eat and cook healthy?

Reaction score
I only learned to really cook (meaning anything more than omelet or pancakes) within the last year. For the most part I did recipes with many ingredients and spices, not really thinking of anything but what I would like to eat.
Now that I'm training, eating well is easy if I just make grilled chicken and salad, but for the most part I'm finding it hard to incorporate my baking into healthy lifestyle...
Any suggestions for healthy baked goods? What do you guys do?

Reaction score
I try to cook healthy too, but it's hard sometimes! My mom taught me a trick where you sub applesauce for butter, and it made her muffins and things like that a lot healthier. Apparently it doesn't work for all recipes though.

Reaction score
Hi,
I bake lots of high protein, low sugar super healthy muffins, cookies, brownies, bars, etc. I get inspiration from many blogs and other online resources and then I experiment and improvise like crazy.
Here is a good place to start poking around: http://www.busybuthealthy.com/recipelist/ and here, too: http://mywholefoodlife.com/recipes/
If you have any questions, post them...I love to help people bake healthy!

Reaction score
I bake and cook as healthy as I can. I've lost some weight from it and I hope to lose more. Also, it feels better to eat healthy.
Last night's dinner was sandwiches made with my fresh honey wheat bread, spinach burgers I made with my mother and creamy tomato soup I made with mushrooms, sweet onion, celery, fresh basil from those plants we have, lactose free 2% milk and crushed tomatoes. Delicious and free of chemical junk.

Reaction score
I asked a question just yesterday about healthy low calorie baking funnily enough. I cook healthy too but baking is what I just started doing and was enjoying it til I realised how many calories a slice of cake had....The ones I baked anyway lol

Reaction score
I bake and cook as healthy as I can. I've lost some weight from it and I hope to lose more. Also, it feels better to eat healthy.
Last night's dinner was sandwiches made with my fresh honey wheat bread, spinach burgers I made with my mother and creamy tomato soup I made with mushrooms, sweet onion, celery, fresh basil from those plants we have, lactose free 2% milk and crushed tomatoes. Delicious and free of chemical junk.
My tomato cream soup is with sour cream, which makes it tasty, but not that healthy at all.
That recipe sounds great! I think we are now growing basil, not the rest, but still...
Could you please give the recipe in detail, sounds amazing, want to try it!

Reaction score
Hi,
I bake lots of high protein, low sugar super healthy muffins, cookies, brownies, bars, etc. I get inspiration from many blogs and other online resources and then I experiment and improvise like crazy.
Here is a good place to start poking around: http://www.busybuthealthy.com/recipelist/ and here, too: http://mywholefoodlife.com/recipes/
If you have any questions, post them...I love to help people bake healthy!
Amazing sites, thank you! I will ask if I have questions. For now, I'm dying to find healthy recipe for apple cobble that I found on one of them:) I only don't have maple syrup, and here it's expensive thing, but I'll probably substitute it with honey or something.

Reaction score
For the most part I try to cook healthy . I stay away from quick heat processed foods and cook from scratch. I am always on the look out for more tastie meals that are also good for you. Whenever possible I swap out unhealthy ingredients for those that are better for you.

Reaction score
I try to cook healthy too, but it's hard sometimes! My mom taught me a trick where you sub applesauce for butter, and it made her muffins and things like that a lot healthier. Apparently it doesn't work for all recipes though.

I cook healthy. I really enjoy using herbs and spices to add flavor to my dinners. I can eat stuff like tofu if it's flavorful.

I have heard of the applesause trick, but prune puree works a lot better.

Reaction score
I cook healthy. I really enjoy using herbs and spices to add flavor to my dinners. I can eat stuff like tofu if it's flavorful.

I have heard of the applesause trick, but prune puree works a lot better.
I use a lot of spices too, I actually love them. My bad thing is that I also love to add lots of salt. Also, tofu is definitely not my thing, at least in any version I have tried. Generally I add too much sugar and salt to things, which is my biggest problem in food currently.

Reaction score
I really try to eat healthy most of the time but i must say it is not a very easy task when you have children living with you; it's a constant test for me.

Reaction score
Nope. I strike a balance between healthy and unhealthy. I don't always cook healthy food because I'm a fan of fried foods and desserts.
I don't really like diet food or bland food, but sometimes I'll make salad or a green smoothie so that we have more vegetables in our diet.

Reaction score
I have been doing better the last year, but I still have aways to go. When at the grocery store, I avoid going through the processed food section. I also am buying many more vegetables to cook with.

Reaction score
I really try to eat healthy most of the time but i must say it is not a very easy task when you have children living with you; it's a constant test for me.
Well, I don't live alone and my partner thinks that there should always be at least 3 types of ice-cream in the fridge...and some chocolates...That's a real challenge if you work from home.

Reaction score
Well, I don't live alone and my partner thinks that there should always be at least 3 types of ice-cream in the fridge...and some chocolates...That's a real challenge if you work from home.

I know what you are going through as my fridge is almost never out of ice-cream so from time to time i will take a little bite.

Reaction score
I definitely try to eat and cook healthy, but I love my sweets and I love my junk and even more than that I love my meat. So sometimes it works out very well and other times it really doesn't.

Reaction score
I was just diagnosed with diabetes yesterday. However, I'm going to try eating more baked and grilled foods. I'm not training for anything but I lost 90 plus pounds just by cutting back on junk food. I plan to continue to go down in weight by eating more organic foods. I plan to cut out fried and junk all together.

Reaction score
I have been trying to cook and eat healthy lately. I really try to add a lot of fruits and vegetables to my diet and stay away from bad foods. I do have a weakness for many unhealthy foods but I have been working on not eating them.

Ask a Question