Does anyone bake something so often that they get tired of eating it?

A

Alexa Pircio

I love cupcakes and I LOVE frosting butsjnce starting a baking business I have baked so much I am on cupcake and frosting overload and I couldbt eat another cupcake or a spoonful of frosting if you paid me!! Has anyone else experienced this?????

Reaction score
Bakers Burn-Out

Yeah, just like any food service worker, at some point you get tired of what you have to deal with all day long. People who make burgers all day get tired of burgers and at some point don't want them for a while, or just get sick of them altogether.

Same way for bakers. I love cake, but when I was a baker and working with it every day, I got tired of it and rarely ate it.

Reaction score
Sometimes I wish I could get to that point, so I didn't want so much sugar. I worked in a cupcake bakery for 3 years and always wanted a cupcake. But we also had dozens of flavors, so that made a difference when it came to not getting tired of them.

Reaction score
I don't know if I could tire of sugar entirely. I have a very sweet tooth! That being said I think it's easy to get taste fatigue when you eat a lot of one thing, but as @BlessedBackyard points out you can avoid this by eating different flavours :D

Reaction score
I always try to bake something new so that I won't be sick of whatever that I have made the previous time, or if I really enjoy the recipe, I will alternate my favourite recipes so that I will never get sick of them!

If only we can bake in smaller portions, for example perhaps 3 muffins instead of all 12! I guess my friends and family members are going to be upset if that is possible :p

Ask a Question