Does anyone have a good Tirumisu Recipe without the Rum?

Reaction score
Tirumisu has become an absolute favorite around my house and I want to learn to make it but I want to make it without the rum. So if anyone has any quick fast recipes for Tirumisu without the rum it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Tiramisu has rum? I thought it was coffee!
Then again, I've never made it myself before. How in the world would I know what was in it? Well, I guess I learn something new every day.
Anyway, how about some sort of extract that tastes like rum but doesn't have the alcohol? Unless you don't like the taste. You could probably put something else in it as a substitute.

Reaction score
Yeah I've run into some recipes that involve rum and coffee. I thought it just had coffee. But I heard you don't have to have the rum. So I'm wondering if there's a substitute for it or if I just leave that out of the recipe all together. I believe restaurants only use coffee and not rum also with store brand tirumisu. That's why I was surprised when I tried to find a good recipe and all I found were recipes using rum.

Reaction score
Is it specifically rum you don't want to include, or alcohol in general?

Reaction score
The original tiramisu doesn't have rum or any alcohol for that matter, just coffee. The recipe you have is probably a variant of the original where rum was added to change the taste a little bit. So just remove the rum from the recipe you have, make sure you're using coffee, and you should be good.

Reaction score
The original tiramisu doesn't have rum or any alcohol for that matter, just coffee. The recipe you have is probably a variant of the original where rum was added to change the taste a little bit. So just remove the rum from the recipe you have, make sure you're using coffee, and you should be good.

Agreed :)

Ask a Question