Tips for Easy Baking Equipment Cleaning

Reaction score
The worst part of baking (to me) is the clean-up. I don't enjoy washing out baking pans or any other related equipment. Other than purchasing non-stick brands, I have no tricks up my sleeve. Do you?

5350443_orig.jpg
Help!

Reaction score
Well, when you need your equip clean then you need to break out some elbow grease!

There are different solutions that you can use. Some use baking soda and others use vinegar.

Reaction score
I leave my baking pans into the oven with soapy water to take advantage or the remaining hot inside and this way is easier to clean both the pans and the oven walls. Otherwise I pour hot water into them and let them repose for the night before washing.

Reaction score
I just clean as I go, for me its the unfortunate part of baking. My maid quit so I have to do it now... (That maid was me, LOL)

I keep hearing about baking soda or lemon, but if I remember to wash right away, then it isn't so bad with soap and water.

Reaction score
I use a mild detergent and vinegar to clean baking equipment. I pour mild detergent and a few teaspoons of vinegar into warm water. Your baking equipment will look so clean. I soak hard to clean dishes for a few hours. It is easier to clean after the dishes have soaked.

Reaction score
I try to use Bakers Joy brand cooking spray as often as possible, it has flour added to it which for some reason make stuff pop out of the pan much easier. Also, as another poster noted, try to clean as you go as much as possible. I've never really had any baked goods stick so bad to a pan that a simple soak for a few hours or overnight couldn't lift off. Just some hot water and some detergent, then leave it be. 99% of the time, the stuff that was stuck on swells so much, it just falls off with a gentle wipe.

Reaction score
I either rinse immediately after use or if it's particularly nasty, I'll soak it in hot, soapy water. Easy peasy! :)

Reaction score
I clean as I go, scrub a lot and leave certain dishes and pans to soak so that I can clean them more easily. Rinsing things off as quickly as possible is also important to help keep the mess under control.

Reaction score
The sooner you clean the equipment, the easier it is to clean. If something gets burned on, adding baking soda and water and heating it helps. Bar keeper's friend is great on metal.

I fired my maid, she wasn't getting things done. My husband has to do much of the work now if he wants me to keep putting out baked goods.

Reaction score
I clean as I go, scrub a lot and leave certain dishes and pans to soak so that I can clean them more easily. Rinsing things off as quickly as possible is also important to help keep the mess under control.

That's also how I work. I start washing the mixing bowls and other stuff while the baked goods are in the oven. Afterwards, I soak the pans overnight.

Reaction score
I also clean as I go. If I am making cookies I have about 10 minutes to burn in between batches anyway. As far as the pans and dishes used to actually bake the items, I try to line them with parchement paper as much as possible so they are extemely easy to clean. If this is not possible then I soak them over night in soapy water.

Reaction score
I always try to wash my utensils as soon as i am through with using them ..in instances when some ingredients are stick to my utensils i usual scour with a little ajax or a little vinegar.

Ask a Question