Does anyone know where I can get some quality bakeware?

Reaction score
I'm looking to update some of my bakeware and I wanted to know where I should look to get some of good quality but a decent price. Online or offline suggestion are appreciated.

I think this probably should have went in the Equipment area but I already hit the post button. Sorry.

Reaction score
This site has great bake ware reviews: http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/product-reviews/cooking-tools/bakeware-reviews/ I try to remember the brand names, or how to determine if it is authentic (e.g. copper pots, William-Sonoma, etc.) and then I spend the summer looking in Goodwill shops or garage (yard, tag) sales. Older women from my grandparents generation were not flooded by a foreign market of 'look alike' quality items. So while it might gross some people out to go through an older woman's old bake ware, she is the most likely candidate for high quality low priced items. Thanks for the reminder! Summer is around the corner, I think I'm going to check this out and write down a small list of names to keep in my wallet.

Reaction score
I know you get a lot of good stuff for a good price from TJ Maxx. Like, you can get pretty much anything from there, and all for a really nice price. I've gotten boxes mixes, some cookie sheets and muffin trays, all for on the cheap. I also know you can get stuff off of Amazon, but you have to be careful, because some of it is cheap cr*p from China. (Though, I have managed to get some nice quality stuff for cheap from some China/Taiwan/Japan sellers before...But that's pretty hit or miss.) Sur La Table has good stuff, but their stuff is pretty expensive. You can get some of their stuff for cheaper during seasonal sales or Black Friday though.

Reaction score
You can also check your local Goodwill. I've bought a couple of the fancy Nordicware bundt cake pans that are normally $20+ for $3 at Goodwill.
You can also get the shaped Wilton cake pans for 50% off after holidays if you go to Walmart the day after Christmas or other holidays.

Reaction score
My aunt is a baker and she told me some of her really good baking equipment came from Ross. She also orders things from cooking catalogs all the time.

Reaction score
Also check out Macys. You will spend more money up front, but they will last you for years. I bought a set of pots and pans there about 10 years ago and paid about 300 dollars. The set still looks amazing for its age.

Reaction score
For my birthday this year, I received quite a bit of cash. I took it to Bed Bath and Beyond and hit up their kitchen section. I was able to get a set of 3 high quality baking sheets. They are by far the best quality I have ever used. I also bought some tools I had been needing like a cookie scoop, heavy duty spatulas, and a rolling pin. They really do have a great selection of items and I will be going there in the future for my kitchen tool needs. It's a good thing I don't have a disposable income because if I did, I would be there a lot more often!

Reaction score
If you live in America, I would checkout TJ Maxx and Ross or Marshalls. I buy most of my supplies there and have had really good luck finding high end brands for a much lower price. I also have pretty good luck at Target!

Reaction score
Really? I've never had luck with finding anything at any of those stores you mentioned (except Target) for anything I want to buy. Its been a few years since I've been in one though because I was so disappointed with my recent experiences. Thanks for the tip though, I might have to check them out again.

I also forgot to mention in my earlier comment that I also love Wilton products. They are fairly good quality and when they do wear out (because let's face it, if you're baking a lot, they will eventually do so), they are inexpensive to replace. I get my Wilton products at Wal-Mart!

Ask a Question