Does anyone use king arthur flour products?

Reaction score
In my family, we call it The Most Dangerous Catalog We Get. The King Arthur Flour catalog is filled with pictures of luscious premium ingredients and examples of what your baked goods could look like with them. Never, ever, look through it while hungry. Has anyone else tried their products?

Reaction score
There's a catalog? How odd.
I do use King Arthur Flour, but I've only tried the all-purpose, unbleached flour. I've been thinking about buying the whole wheat, but my apartment kitchen is absolutely tiny. I do not have any spare room at the moment.
I have had some good results using the flour I have though.
I am definitely avoiding that catalog though.

Reaction score
I use King Arthur flour for baking bread, but all purpose flour works just as well. Where do you get the catalog from and what is in the catalog? They have catalogs for everything now. We, the consumers, get the benefit of shopping without leaving our homes. I love to look through catalogs. It is a nice way to spend a lazy Saturday or Sunday afternoon. I could look through catalogs of kitchen equipment all day. There are so many gadgets and gizmos to enhance your cooking skills.

Reaction score
I use King Arthur's products, and also use the King Arthur's cookbooks. The catalog always gets me in the mood to bake something. Sometimes I could eat the catalog. Go to Kingarthurflour.com and click on "request a catalogue... If you dare!

There are also recipes in the catalog, and there are some on the king Arthur website as well.

Happy baking, or just drooling.:D

Reaction score
I know a few avid bakers who swear by King Arthur flour and other King Arthur products. I just use the cheap stuff. The only thing I really splurge on is real butter and good extracts...I use store brand flour and sugar and haven't had a problem.

Reaction score
I use only pure cane sugar, ever since a game at a Tupperware party where we were given things to smell and one was dirty socks. When we took off the blindfolds, the dirty socks were sugar. Beat sugar. Also, beat sugar is GMO now, and they haven't altered cane sugar yet.

I buy only non GMO flour so store brand is out for me, I buy either King Arthur or Bob's red mill. IF I don't have my hand grown hand ground organic wheat flour. I have too many health problems caused by Monsanto's poisons I don't need more.

Even the butter I buy is non GMO, and I'm right there with you on the good extracts. Cheap extracts can ruin good food.

Reaction score
I know a few avid bakers who swear by King Arthur flour and other King Arthur products. I just use the cheap stuff. The only thing I really splurge on is real butter and good extracts...I use store brand flour and sugar and haven't had a problem.
Agreed, I also use generic flour and sugar and only splurge on good extracts and chocolate chips. I'm on a budget so I don't use the premium stuff.

Reaction score
In my family, we call it The Most Dangerous Catalog We Get. The King Arthur Flour catalog is filled with pictures of luscious premium ingredients and examples of what your baked goods could look like with them. Never, ever, look through it while hungry. Has anyone else tried their products?
I use the King Arthur brand flour quite often. It is the only brand the grocery store I shop at carries other than their brand. I really like it and have used it for years without any issues. I bake a lot of breads and cookies and they always turn out great. :) Funny they have a catalog though! That could be dangerous for my waistline ... when I see yummy pictures like the ones you describe, I must bake!!!

Hope this helps,
Danyel :)

Reaction score
I have nevr had the cahnce to try these products, but I enjoy looking at them. All the variety makes you feel like a kid in a toy store. I fear that if I order for the catalog I would go crazy and spend way too much money.

Reaction score
Shows I'm a bit out of touch with these things...I didn't realize there WAS a catalog. Most of the time I don't, though, it's tempting every now and then but we're on a really tight budget and premium baking ingredients are just not something I'm willing to splurge on right now. Maybe if my wallet were bottomless ;).

Ask a Question