Does your spouse or significant other cook with you?

Reaction score
My boyfriend loves to cook and is really good at it. We have a small kitchen now but once we move, I'll looking forward to us doing more cooking/baking together.

Reaction score
My husband leaves the cooking and baking to me. He isn't the greatest cook...I mean that in the nicest way possible. :) He doesn't like to do it and I love it, so it works out great. He does do a fantastic job on the grill though! We kind of have a special relationship. He knows I will cook for him all the time and enjoy doing it, but whenever I say its his turn to cook, he knows I need a break from cooking, and he will take me out to dinner. Him cooking means us going out. Haha! :) Sometimes I get burnt out on cooking all the time and need a night of no dishes and no cooking. (I'm sure many of you can relate!) This works out great for us! I think everyone has their own cooking relationship and style of doing things. You just have to figure out what works out best for you. :)

Reaction score
My boyfriend also loves to cook, while I prefer baking. We always cook in the kitchen together and he usually takes charge of his meals because we usually cook at his place, so he knows where everything is. When we move out I'm hoping that he'll let me cook more, or I could just cook when he's out. When I cook, I prefer cooking alone because there's no one there to bother me. :D

Reaction score
I love to cook with my boyfriend because we both have similar taste in food—we love pastas, cheese, grilling, and flavoring with garlic, peppers or onion. Yet we have many things that differ in our styles and food choice, which I think makes it even more fun. First, he is of Puerto Rican descent, so growing up he has been exposed to a variety of different foods than I have. Because of him and his family, I have had the joy of learning how to make authentic Spanish rice and beans, tostones, fried plátanos, flan, and other treats. Secondly, I am vegetarian while he is an avid meat-eater. This makes our cooking together interesting because I am a genius at finding ways to substitute meat in certain dishes, and he is a genius at finding ways to add meat in! We don’t get in each other’s way, we still share spices and flavors, yet we can work together to cook a meal that we both enjoy. This keeps cooking together exciting and interesting!

Reaction score
Actually, he does.

This is amazing to me because, normally, I don't like anyone being in the kitchen with me. I don't mind his help, though. Sometimes, I'll cook by myself, as I like to tweak recipes and keep my changes a secret. I guess, he doesn't really do much of the actual cooking; he opens jars, chops, strains. I guess he's more my sou chef, than anything.

Reaction score
Very rarely. Every now and then, my BF will cook something if he's in the mood to or if I need a break, but I'm definitely the main cook in our house. Sometimes, he'll hang out in the kitchen with me and chat while I'm cooking, and he might stir something for me if I'm doing something else. For the most part, though, it's all me :)

Reaction score
Occasionally my husband will go into the kitchen and cook with me, I just wish that he would do it more often. He is a great cook and he grew up in a different part of the world than I did so there are things that he knows how to cook that I could only dream of. The problem is that he does work long hours and is really tired when he does get home from work.

Reaction score
My significant other doesn't cook with me. He likes to cook sometimes.I prepare all of the meals. I have help with planning the meals. I do most of the grocery shopping.

Reaction score
My husband and I split the cooking in our household. Some nights he cooks; some nights I cook. Sometimes, we work side by side in the kitchen. I do most of the baking. But he can make a great cheesecake!

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I always take turns cooking the things we are good at. He is really good at burgers, and I usually cook the french fries because he is not so good at that. We enjoy trading off and competing to see who can make the best.

The other night we cooked grilled cheese with ham together at 2am. I buttered the bread and he did the cooking. :)

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I cook together every weekend when he comes over or I go to his place. We each have our own little things we're better at preparing or cooking, and we make dishwashing go much faster.

Reaction score
My girlfiend and I always cook together and we have a lot of fun doing it. I usually do the meat's while she does the starch or veggies or whatever is going with the meat. It's a great thing to do with one's partner and I think more people should do it.

Reaction score
My husband is a great cook. He is always in charge of breakfasts on Saturdays and Sundays and does a terrific job. Everyone would just have cereal if breakfast were up to me because I am not one who likes to be bothered with making anything like that. I prefer baking and trying out new things. He is the one who is the "cook" in our house.

Reaction score
I am unattached at the moment. I think that having smeone my kitchen cooking side by side with me would take some getting used to. While the idea sounds nice I am not used to having to share my kitchen. I enjoy cooking for others and like having someone keep my company while I cook. However it is a whole differnt thing to collaborate in the kitchen.

Reaction score
We cook together occasionally but mainly I am left to sort out the washing up with some chopping duties thrown in. I think my wife is a much better cook than me so probably best that I am the chief bottle washer.

Reaction score
My husband always says he's going to help me cook and five minutes later he's gone. I think he just likes the ideal of saying that
he will help me cook. But when he cooks the kitchen looks like a tornado hit it. So I prefer to just cook and get it over with on my own.

Reaction score
No mine doesnt if im in the kitchen cooking i really dont want anyone else in there with me i need my space. My wife is okay with that because she understands and prefers the same thing.

Reaction score
I have the rare significant other who does enjoy to cook with me sometimes! It is fun to cook together, but sometimes you get in each other's way. He usually cooks with me if there is a holiday or get together at our home so I am not stuck doing all of the work. We both have our dinner specialities too, so there are some things he is better at making that me and vice versa...it all depends on what is on the dinner menu. He absolutely will not bake with me though so I am on my own in that department.

Reaction score
My boyfriend loves to cook...lucky for me he is good at it...but I always preferred to bake. I started to get more into cooking because it is something we can do together. We started having dinner parties on the weekends and it's fun because we plan it together, get to hang out with friends and family, and try out new recipes. I wish he would bake with me, but it's not his thing. But he will be the taste tester for everything I bake :)

Reaction score
My husband avoids the kitchen like the plague. He has absolutely no interest in learning to cook but he loves to eat. When we first met I taught him how to prepare a few simple dishes and at the time he feigned interest. Fast forward two years later and he has totally forgotten even what the ingredients are to those dishes and he has yet to make any attempt to relearn despite my many offers to teach him.
His usual excuse which is pretty lame is, "It tastes so much better when you do it and I always screw things up anyway". It's partly my fault because I spoil him a bit too much. It would be nice if he would help out in the kitchen sometimes, I love it on those rare occasions when we bake cookies together. I need to come with a different strategy to entice him, I am open to any suggestions.

Ask a Question