Dollar Store Cookies

Reaction score
Do you buy cookies from your local dollar store?

There use to be a time where I bought cookies from the dollar store frequently. Though, it seems with time that these dollar cookies become "even cheaper". I remember buying some generic oreos that tasted just like oreos from a dollar store one time. Now, everything just taste cheaper with a bland flavor.

Do you buy dollar store cookies?

Reaction score
I have bought cookies from the dollar store before. Dollar General has a nice soft chocolate chip cookie that I like. When I am craving them and don't have the ingredients I will buy a container. There are not too many in the container and they are a bit over $1 but it solves my craving for them. I especially like the price!

Reaction score
I normally get goods from the Dollar Tree.

The last time I got cookies from them was a couple of years ago. After opening up the pack and eating a few, my ankles began to swell. This event taught me a lesson.

So, these days, I normally purchase non-edibles from the Dollar Tree like cheap batteries, paper or ibuprofen. The only food items I get are seasonings such as salt, pepper, or paprika. They mimic what you can buy in a supermarket.

Reaction score
I bought some cookies from The Dollar General, that were like Girl Scout cookies. They were actually quite tasty! I am not sure if they still have them, though, I have been trying to stick to more home made foods.

Reaction score
I've bought cookies from the dollar store and have found that they don't taste any different than any other store. I was surprised at how much of a variety they have and I actually had found some sugarless ones, they kind you would find at the health food store. They were actually pretty good.

Reaction score
I bought some cookies from The Dollar General, that were like Girl Scout cookies. They were actually quite tasty! I am not sure if they still have them, though, I have been trying to stick to more home made foods.

Girl scout cookies are so good...I'm surprised you were able to find some at the dollar store. If more stores started carrying them people probably wouldn't bother getting them from kids, that's probably why you don't see more of them in there, at least where I live.

Reaction score
The thin mint cookies were spot on, with the taste. I do not mind supporting Girl Scouts, but the cookies are too expensive for the amount you get.

Reaction score
You guys must have a much better dollar store in your town then I do. The cookies they have in mine taste literally fake with no real flavor.

Reaction score
I've bought cookies from Dollar Tree because they had some individually wrapped cookies in small packs that I packed in my daughter's lunch.
They're no worse than any other store bought cookie.

Reaction score
I purchase cookies at Dollar General and Dollar Tree. They offer name brand cookies at both stores. I purchase the individually wrapped cookies. My favorite store brand is Lance. The vanilla and crème taste really good. Dollar General sells the best thin mint cookies.

Reaction score
The only place I would risk a dollar cookie is Dollar Tree. Though places like Family Dollar and Dollar General (Not everything is a dollar!) do have nice cookies and some brand name.

Reaction score
The other day I bought a pack of generic chocolate peanut butter cookies from Dollar General. They were really quite good! I think that when you're buying dollar store cookies you just have to be open to trying many different kinds until you find one you like.

Reaction score
I've purchased cookies from the dollar stores that were really good. Family Dollar has some fudge stripes cookies that are fudge with white icing and are delicious, also, their knockoff oreos and soft batch cookies are good too. I don't really go to my local Dollar General anymore because they built a new one and it really sucks.

Reaction score
I have definitely bought cookies at the dollar store before. I have ran into the Dollar General to pick up some oreos or chips ahoy cookies. (They do sell name brand cookies at the Dollar General.)
I have also purchased vanilla wafers at the Dollar Tree before. I thought they were very tasty! You just need to make sure you check the sell by dates and best if used by dates.

Reaction score
The other day I bought a pack of generic chocolate peanut butter cookies from Dollar General. They were really quite good! I think that when you're buying dollar store cookies you just have to be open to trying many different kinds until you find one you like.
Growing up, I used to love the iced animal cracker cookies. I never liked the plain ones, but I loved the iced ones. Recently when I went to the Dollar store, they had "their version" of iced animal crackers. I thought, well hey, they are only a dollar, I'll try them. Turns out, they were great! So I agree with you, when you got to the Dollar store, you just have to be open to trying something new and different. You just never know when you will come across something delicious! :)

Reaction score
Well, I don't see anything bad in buying foods from dollar discount stores. However, I make it a point to always check the expiration date of the item. I'm also fond of buying from these stores and I have no regrets. Quality are almost the same and the foods taste fine. Dollar discount stores have grown to be more competitive and more profitable in the post-recession economy. Probably this is the reason why they are attracting many customers. But if one dollar shop's strategy catches on, soon you may even be filling your medicationsthere. Source for this article: Dollar stores rising, may open pharmacies

Reaction score
I have bought them at Dollar Tree which has better quality ones than Family Dollar, it depends which ones, but often shortbread has been good. They also sell packs of wholegrain crackers which are really good quality. Things can be hit and miss, but I do check the ingredients for quality of the products.

Reaction score
There are no dollar stores local to where I live,but I have bought cookies there in the past. They are actually ok and comparable to the name brand cookies you find at the grocery store. I do not like the little packages you get though.

Reaction score
There are no dollar stores where I live but our equivalent would be the 3 dollar store and I have never bought any cookies from any of them.

I travel from time to time to the US and can't ever remember purchasing any food items from the dollar stores. Now I am seeing this maybe I will check them out on my next visit.

Reaction score
Every now and again I will pick up some cookies from the dollar store. I like the holiday cookies this time of the year from the dollar tree.

Ask a Question