Donut icing?

Reaction score
I have tried several different donut icing and glazes but everyone tastes like powder sugar way to much. Anyone have any recipes where the I ing/glaze doesn't taste like sugar?

Reaction score
I tried once to make homemade donuts, but the result was terrible. I don't know what I did wrong, but I promised myself that I won't try again. Today I found a new site - full of recipes and advices, so I will definitely try again. I can't help you with recipe for icing, but I think you can look for some answer in this site - http://www.yummly.com/recipes/donut-icing
Wish you luck :)

Reaction score
Instead of using water with the powdered sugar use cream ad a bit of cream cheese as weel this will make it taste less like plain powered suger. Don't forget the vanillia extract or any flavored extract. Make sure it is the real deal no immitations.

Reaction score
Another way to make it not so sugary is to use milk instead of water, and add a little cream cheese. I am not fond of powdered sugar because it is way too sweet.

Reaction score
I actually don't have much experience with making donuts myself just yet....in my experience I've had the same thing happen, but my family is fond of the powdered sugar, very sweet taste so I didn't really try to do it differently.

Reaction score
I like to use molten chocolate... plain and simple =D I sometimes use the black semi bitter one.... I experimented melting some holiday chocolate last year and the result was great :)

Reaction score
Trellum, the molten chocolate idea sounds like a good one. How do you make that kind of icing? What do you add to the chocolate to make it runny?

Ask a Question