Donut Warning!

Reaction score
So I went to Krispy Kreme yesterday as I was really craving a donut. They have these new donuts that are filled with either cake or brownie batter. I got the donut filled with brownie batter and it was delicious...however, about half way through, the batter poured out the other side and a big glob of it landed on my work pants. I had to go the rest of the day with a big brown stain on my thigh!! Now I know why the lady at the store gave me a whole bunch of napkins when I ordered. Buyer beware!!

Reaction score
Aaah, that sounds like me versus a Boston Creme donut! Every time I try to eat one of the things, I always end up getting the creme all over my hands or on my clothes! Which is why I now stick them in the freezer for about 5 minutes before eating them, haha. I wonder what kind of batter they used inside your donut? It must have been some sort of egg free batter, because they would probably be unable to sell them safely if they had uncooked egg yolks in them.

Reaction score
I am sure that it was egg free, it tasted just like real batter, with the gritty sugar and everything. It was yummy, but I think I will take your suggestion and put it in the freezer for a few minutes before eating it next time!

Reaction score
I don't eat donuts much anymore, not nearly as often as I used to, but I know the feeling. I always liked the ones that were vanilla with a sort of vanilla pudding-like stuff in the middle. Also, I'm more of a Dunkin' Doughnuts person than a Krispy Kreme person. I prefer the taste.

Reaction score
Is this some type of new filling , I have heard of batter fillings that are safe to eat just like the eggless cookie dough candy that you can buy. Now if you are talking about a dont that is under cooked with raw filling the center that is a problem. I would call the store to find out and make them aware if there an issue.

Reaction score
I do enjoy doughnuts, but I very seldom go out and have one to eat. It seems to me like they are kind of a morning thing to have with my coffee, and I am just never any place close to either a Krispy Creme, or a Dunkin' Donuts when I am hungry for one. But I like the ones with the vanilla pudding in the center, and think I wold really like the brownie ones, too ! !

Reaction score
Sounds good, but messy! I'll heed your warning next time I get one! cake or brownie batter just sounds so good though!

Reaction score
Yum!!! We had Krispy Kreme the other day. We were in Atlanta - don't have any where I live! We bought a dozen
and took them back to our hotel room!! LOL! My son just graduated from Army Basic/AIT at Ft Benning.
He just had to have Krispy Kreme's before we left GA!!!
They are very good!! Wish we had one here!

Reaction score
These donuts are white cake with the batter filling so it is not like they are undercooked. It is terrible to have a Krispy Kreme so close because I am always tempted to stop by.

Reaction score
The original post was so funny. Falling creme is the least of my worries when I past Krispy Kreme. When I see the "Hot Doughnut Now" sign lite up, it takes everything in me not to do a u-turn in the middle of the road. Once we get that hot box of original glazed we dive in like a kid in a free candy store. Glaze crumbles fall on our shirts and it's like Christmas all over again. Yes, I will admit its hard to pass up a good hot doughnut. I'm glad the nearest Krispy Kreme is forty minutes away.

Reaction score
Lol funny story thanks for sharing the warning they sound real good! I really love brownies!

Reaction score
Sounds good, although I don't eat Krispy Kreme, I find them much too sweet. Instant toothache. Come to think of it, Krispy Kreme donuts do me much like chocolate chip cookies. I can't eat them. Don't know why they cause me to have an instant toothache when nothing else does. :confused:

Reaction score
So I went to Krispy Kreme yesterday as I was really craving a donut. They have these new donuts that are filled with either cake or brownie batter. I got the donut filled with brownie batter and it was delicious...however, about half way through, the batter poured out the other side and a big glob of it landed on my work pants. I had to go the rest of the day with a big brown stain on my thigh!! Now I know why the lady at the store gave me a whole bunch of napkins when I ordered. Buyer beware!!
I love donuts!!! I know their really not great for you and I don't have them that often but I do treat myself. :) I joke with the employee at Dunkin when I go in and tell her that if I didn't care about my weight I would eat an entire tray!!! Silly. :) Anyway... thanks for the heads up.

We do stop there on occasion, and although I just like the glazed donuts, my kids would love those. You know kids... if they can in some way make a mess on their clothes they will. It never fails.... you are always going some place where you would like them to actually look clean!!!

Danyel :)

Reaction score
I hope you could wash off that pesky stain! Brownie batter can't be easy to wash off from the clothes :O I know by experience ;) I might go get a donut today, just because I feel like it :p and I didn't even have a cake for my birthday, so why not!

Reaction score
Oh my goodness that's terrible! Almost not worth having the doughnut in the first place...almost!

Though when I eat cream filled doughnuts (which isn't very often, cause I like the original doughnuts myself) I almost always make sure I'm eating it at a table or with a plate, or have a huge amount of napkins on my lap!

I hope this doesn't scare you away from doughnuts though :p

Reaction score
Oh my stars, that sounds so gross! As if Krispy Kreme wasn't already over the top. I suppose some people like that kind of thing but if I ate that I would probably feel so rotten and tired I would just want to curl with a book and do nothing.

Ask a Question