Doughnut Towers

Reaction score
I love them. So different than your usual cake for parties. We did one for my king's first birthday and I admit our weather is a little too hot for them but it came out quick with what little I had to do them and how on the fly it was. LOL I need to see if I even took pics of it.

Anywho, have you guys tried them? I don't know if I'd try it again.

here are some I found. The pirate one if my favorite of these.

doughnut-tower.png

4086a01853146e8dfb842e143f654dc3.jpg

636607c4bb947141812455a596958e05.jpg

Reaction score
Those do look super cute!

I like that they'd be a lot less stressful than making a standard cake. I always find that when I am baking for enjoyment, everything goes flawlessly - but if I am baking for an event then something will always inevitably go wrong. Isn't that always the way?! :oops:

Reaction score
I think they are a nice option for those who want something a little different for a birthday party or something like that :) I personally like donuts, and wouldn't mind to go to a party with a donut tower :p I'm ok with it as long as the donuts are very good quality, of course, hehehe.

Reaction score
It's also a great alternative for your pockets if you can't afford a cake. Well, I guess depending on where you are. Here, cakes are crazy expensive. Actually, so are cupcakes. It's why when we opt for cupcakes I make them myself. I have a hard time decorating a cake, but can kick butt if it's a cupcake. LOL The tower...well, the tower is easier in a way. I had an idea but my partner stuck in his two cents trying to help me out and it didn't come out quite as I thought. He also had bought less donuts thatn I asked him too. The trick is you need to build a stable base first and he thought it would be okay to just form a circle of donuts without any donut in the middle of the circle. Not sure if I explained myself correctly.

Reaction score
It's also a great alternative for your pockets if you can't afford a cake. Well, I guess depending on where you are. Here, cakes are crazy expensive. Actually, so are cupcakes. It's why when we opt for cupcakes I make them myself. I have a hard time decorating a cake, but can kick butt if it's a cupcake. LOL The tower...well, the tower is easier in a way. I had an idea but my partner stuck in his two cents trying to help me out and it didn't come out quite as I thought. He also had bought less donuts thatn I asked him too. The trick is you need to build a stable base first and he thought it would be okay to just form a circle of donuts without any donut in the middle of the circle. Not sure if I explained myself correctly.

I agree - where I live, a custom made cake or cupcakes are super pricey...something like this would be a lot more affordable too. But I like that it still looks cute. I figure the taste is just as good (cake...donuts...it's all delicious, right?!) so it's given me something to think about. My little one has her birthday in a few months and this might be a good alternative to an expensive cake.

Reaction score
OMG! Look at this pumpkin one!!! So cute!
bfae25a329688c3aa6bbebb72ad49e8c.jpg

This Cars one I would do but my son wouldn't get it yet, he's so young. Maybe when he's older he'll undersstand what it's suposed to be.
e0a745196b29f778eb7a12d26c6fe793.jpg

For the chocolate lover:
bdff8d4db5185b370690236312e181ea.jpg

And just because it looks cute:
01ebe3c7aa82ebfe09d3c8c0173e7855.jpg

Ask a Question