Drying thawed (frozen) spinach

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good way to dry frozen spinach that has been thawed?
We are doing it by hand and have tried a commercial salad spinner and manual clothes dryer...
Thoughts, please?

Reaction score
Does anyone know a good way to dry frozen spinach that has been thawed?
We are doing it by hand and have tried a commercial salad spinner and manual clothes dryer...
Thoughts, please?

You should not put food in a clothes dryer because of bacterial contamination.

If you need the spinach to be dried, you will need a food dehydrator.

If it is to be used in filling, most fillings don’t require the spinach to be dried; just excess water removed.

I don’t think spinning the spinach works well at all. I prefer to press the water out.

I use a ricer to squeeze out most of the water. In commercial kitchens they press in a chinois (conical) strainer with a pestle.

After pressing, layer between paper towels on a baking sheet, and press out any remaining water between the paper towels.

My ricer is for residential use, so it’s small, but they make them for commercial use; check restaurant supply stores

A268BBF5-4FFE-4EEC-B0A1-288A02777CF2.jpeg

Example of a chinois (conical) strainer and pestle. The come in different sizes; you will have to look for one in a restaurant supply store since they are not commonly used in the home kitchen anymore.
80434F93-8DFD-4B9A-9D0E-610B9158EE64.jpeg

Ask a Question