Dump cake mix

Discussion in 'Disaster Help' started by Hilary1220, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Hilary1220

Hilary1220 Member

I just prepared a peach cobbler dump cake. Some of the cake mix is still not cooked on top, and I'm wondering if I melt some more butter and pour it over the dry cake mix if that will cook it. Has anybody ever had a problem like this? I am leaving for Thanksgiving dinner in about 2 hours and that this is what I was going to bring. I don't think the other guests will want to eat raw cake mix. Thanks for any help.

Hilary1220, Nov 24, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. Hilary1220

ChesterV Well-Known Member

Bake it some in the microwave. Try about 3 minutes at a time until it gets done enough to eat.

ChesterV, Nov 24, 2016
    Hilary1220 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Hilary1220

Hilary1220 Member

Thanks. Already in car on our way. However what I did was melt some butter, poured it on the uncooked cake mix, and baked it for another ten minutes. I guess I'll find out if it worked later on. Good thing we are also bringing a pre-made sweet potato pie!! ☺

Hilary1220, Nov 24, 2016
  4. Hilary1220

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Dump cakes can be tricky when it comes to getting butter to melt properly over the whole top part. My husband actually showed me a brilliant way to conquer this:

Instead of pouring melted butter over the top, use a cheese slicer to slice thin long pats of butter off the stick long ways. Completely cover the top of the dry cake mix in this fashion to avoid dry spots :)

AuntJamelle, Jan 22, 2018
    RendiRoo likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question