Easiest bread recipe ever

Reaction score
I am not a baker by any stretch of the imagination, but I have always wanted to be able to bake bread from scratch at home. I found this recipe online and it is so easy, and your family will love it.

Ingredients:
2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45
degrees C)
2/3 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 cups bread flour
Directions:
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
2. Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
3. Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes, and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9x5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.

Reaction score
This recipe sounds fairly easy. There is a milk & honey simple bread recipe I want to try also. I'm thinking since its getting cold out, I can warm up in the kitchen!

Reaction score
I love making bread and this recipe looks so easy. I will definitly be trying it soon. My daughter and grandson live with me, and when I am baking they hover around waiting to get the first slices of bread while it is still hot from the oven.

Reaction score
This looks a like a good place to start for someone who has never baked bread before. You couls dressit up a bit by adding some fresh herbs. I lke that this is not a bread make recipe most of the time easy recipes have to be made with a bread maker.

Reaction score
I am not a baker by any stretch of the imagination, but I have always wanted to be able to bake bread from scratch at home. I found this recipe online and it is so easy, and your family will love it.

Ingredients:
2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45
degrees C)
2/3 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
6 cups bread flour
Directions:
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam.
2. Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
3. Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes, and divide in half. Shape into loaves, and place into two well oiled 9x5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
I think there is nothing like the smell of fresh bread baking in the oven when it's cold and nasty outside! I just might have a reason to look forward to the coming winter months (I don't like cold weather at all!!!)

Ask a Question