Easiest recipe to make with kids

Discussion in 'Baking with Children' started by sweetkymom, Apr 2, 2014.

1. sweetkymom

sweetkymom Well-Known Member

What recipe did you find to be the easiest to make with kids? Does the recipe call for a lot of ingredients? Does it take forever to bake?

sweetkymom, Apr 2, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. sweetkymom

Jazma Active Member

I think cookies is more of a begginner when baking with kids. It doent require alot of time or Ingredients, and its pretty simple.

Jazma, Apr 2, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. sweetkymom

Angela Member

I have a very easy Scotch Cookie recipe that I do with kids a lot. It only has four ingredients ( flour, butter, corn startch and icing sugar), the kids love making the cookie dough into whatever shapes they want, and takes 12 minutes to bake. I posted the Scotch cookie recipe before but I can send you it if you're interested.
    I've done more complicated recipes too though. I run a home daycare and last Thanksgiving we made a apple pie from scratch and the kids thought it was great.
    I like simple recipes though just because you don't have to step in much and the kids can do most of the baking themselves.

Angela, Apr 3, 2014
  4. sweetkymom

LisaD Member

The easiest recipe and the one that the kids found to be the most fun are spritz cookies. It only takes a couple of ingredients but you will need a cookie press. I have the old type with the metal barrel that you twist the handle and the dough comes out in the shape of the disc that is placed on the end. The kids love doing this and they can put colored sugars or sprinkles on them before we bake. They make fantastic holiday cookies or a great all purpose cookie.

LisaD, Apr 4, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question