Easter 2015 baking

Reaction score
Easter is around the corner, what will you be baking? I was thinking of making some white cupcakes with colored icing and sprinkles.

Reaction score
Usually for easter we bake Rabbit shaped cookies and cupcakes. My neice and nephew love em and they are just a simple sour cream cookie pressed out with my grandma's old rabbit cookie cutter. For the cupcakes you can get yourself a rabbit cookie cutter ( or if your hand is skilled, mine is not. ) make a rabbit cookie and cut off the ears. Frost your cupcake the desired color of your rabbit then take 1 cookie and cut off the ears. Take the ears and put it in the middle of the frosted cupcake then add eyes and a mouth.

Sounds like a lot of work but it really simple, just save one of your rabbit cookies from your cookie batch for the ears of your rabbit cupcakes. Kids go CRAZY for them.

I was looking to see if I could find a picture of one of my cupcakes but I do not know where that flashdrive is, just got a new laptop but getting to my point, I was looking to see if I could find a similar one and ran across this EPIC easter fail.

I think I laughed so hard I almost want to make these just to have a good laugh anytime I am feeling down. Hope it puts a :) on your face.

Easter+bunny+cakes-betty+crocker.jpg

Not to be rude to the baker but I think I may have seen these bunnies in my younger years...while dropping acid lol. ( hope that offends no one. )

Reaction score
Well, my king is two this time so I hope we'll bake something for Easter (he has finally showed interest in the kitchen:D).

We're going out to an Easter hunt so we may bake the night before so we can take with us. I'm not sure what though.

Years ago for fun I made these:
easter.jpg

I came across this but it looks too complicated for us (made a gingerbread house for the first time last year...he kept eating the decorations LOLOL):
peephouse.jpg

Reaction score
Nothing special for this Easter, since I'm not a christian, but I suspect next year I might have to bake something for that occasion. Mostly for my niece, I thought something like this was so cute today:

bunny-egg-cupcakes.png

carrot-top-cupcakes-photo-420-cl-000F.jpg

Reaction score
Those pictures are some of the cutest little things I have ever seen!

This year I think we are going to go super simple and just make a sheet cake, transfer it to a cookie sheet and re-shake it into a cross, the frost. Neither me or my room mate have a lot of extra time and energy right now.

Reaction score
Well I am not the most skilled decorator in the world, but I think I could pull off the bunny rear buried in the grass! That is a cute idea and I think I going to give it a try. I decided I am going to try new creative things in my decorating because I usually just throw on some frosting and call it good.

Reaction score
I won't be doing anything for "Easter" but I know we always have a holiday and I like to bake then. I just love those pictures posted but all I can do is admire them. I would be fooling myself to think I could even attempt any of those. I would love to try something I haven't tried before like a cheesecake or something like that. I saw a hot cross bun that also looks inviting but I am not sure I can manage it just yet.

Reaction score
OOOOOH!!! THAT BUNNY RUMP IS ADORABLE!!!!! That tail looks like sugar crystals, right? Crap. Thinking about it...they're mostly little kids and a ball of fondant is...Idk...too much. I have to think about this. Because they are super cute!

Reaction score
OOOOOH!!! THAT BUNNY RUMP IS ADORABLE!!!!! That tail looks like sugar crystals, right? Crap. Thinking about it...they're mostly little kids and a ball of fondant is...Idk...too much. I have to think about this. Because they are super cute!

ThatNewMommy, are you that good that you could pull it off? The mere fact you are thinking about it suggest to me you have some serious skills. If you can, I look forward to seeing you post something here. Like I said, all I can do right now is admire them. I suspect it's going to be a while before I can be that skilled.

Reaction score
ThatNewMommy, are you that good that you could pull it off? The mere fact you are thinking about it suggest to me you have some serious skills. If you can, I look forward to seeing you post something here. Like I said, all I can do right now is admire them. I suspect it's going to be a while before I can be that skilled.
I play a lot with clay!! LOL It looks to me like a ball and two egg shaped feet with a flat piece. LOL If end up making them I will defintiely share!!!

Reaction score
I am so going to try these bunnies as I commented before, but I just got to thinking, what are the bunnies made out of because that can't be frosting I don't think? Fondant maybe?

Reaction score
I play a lot with clay!! LOL It looks to me like a ball and two egg shaped feet with a flat piece. LOL If end up making them I will defintiely share!!!
I am not going to hold my breathe as I read elsewhere that there is no one to really bake for and we don't want those delights thrown away.:)

I am so going to try these bunnies as I commented before, but I just got to thinking, what are the bunnies made out of because that can't be frosting I don't think? Fondant maybe?

All I can do is applaud you and wish you well. I paused and went to see some more bunnies and the like and it was confusing. There are so many to choose from. I was really trying to find the answer to your question but I still don't think I know how to answer.....Got it!!! This should help.

http://bakehappy.net/2013/03/how-to-make-a-fondant-bunny.html#.VRTCOvnF_Qo

Reaction score
THAT bunny is compicated. LOL Mines would probably look like a bunny zombie. LOLOLOL

I was going to say it's okay to hold your breath because we're doing an egg hunt for Easter and my nieces and nephew are coming (they live in different cities), BUT I won't. Yesterday, I went to make some of my oven fried chicken and a very important part of my kitchen never came on. About 5 minutes after turning it on I realized it hadn't gotten up to temperature. You have no idea how bummed I am about this. Not only because of the cupcake but because i REALLY wanted some over fried chicken. ;):):(

Reaction score
My own attempt this year. I'm still fairly new to baking and this was my frist try at doing something for Easter.

116bd02f1f7825e7996323cfd23f6add.jpg

afc4c1a8f66f84ce130d7c0cfef892f4.jpg

Ask a Question