Easter Bread

Reaction score
I keep seeing these recipes for Easter Bread and they look so pretty. I just don't know about baking the bread with the Easter Eggs in it. I mean, I wouldn't try to eat the eggs afterward or anything, but it still seems kind of yucky. Some recipes say use uncooked eggs while others say cooked eggs. I'm thinking blown eggs maybe.

Have you made Easter Bread? How do you do yours?

Reaction score
I have never made Easter bread, to be honest this is the very first time I hear about it! Maybe it's because my family isn't from a christian background? So am not familiar with Easter at all. I might start baking that kind of things next year tho, the person I'll be with has a christian background, so Easter seems to be so important for them.

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with it, and have never really considered using eggs in the way it sounds like you're describing. I'll have to look into that a bit more because now I'm curious and have some questions, lol.

Reaction score
Technically Im from a Christian background but I never heard of this til now. LOL I binged it right quick and found a couple of pics. It LOOKS interesting. It looks like if you were to serve yourself some you'd be eating a deconstructed egg sandwich. I think if you use cooked eggs, then while the bread is cooking they will cook again, and may get overcooked....which is kind of yucky. BUT, using raw eggs, they'll cook along with the bread. I think you should leave them in the shell though. But not the whole shell. Like a shell basket, if you know what I mean.

Ask a Question