Easter Bread

Reaction score
way back when,I was a young man back then lol I was in the Navy and we stopped in Genoa Italy during Easter and this kind old lady took us to her home and gave us some home made Easter Bread,She took the time to make us feel at home,while we were thousands of miles away,i will never forget her

I just remember that it was a square,sorta like 4 long loafs put together and it had a bit of everything in it,there were whole boiled eggs and chunks of sausages and cheese,I actually don't remember what all was in it,I would love to know how to make some,does anybody have a recipe for it ? a small version would be great :)

any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
I've heard of this before - I think it's called Pane di Pasque. Did it look a bit like this?

Il-pane-pasquale.jpg

Never made it myself though I'm afraid!

Reaction score
Justme4910, that sounds like the kind of old lady I'll become. I honestly wish I could help and immediately thought about a pull apart bread but with boiled egg and all that, I am not sure. Becky's looks good. I Googled stuff Italian Bread and came up with this. Did it look anything like this?

i.3.mLfddLzFjATnWbPPjyddQmJC7Fb0HRZmDZMEEdUDVos..jpg
This actually looks like pull apart bread.

Reaction score
it actually looked like 4 loaves of bread end to end and stuffed with all sorts of good stuff, I do have a poor memory and wished i had took my camera with me that day

and I do have to say that both of yours bread look awesome :) it is probably closer to Beckys picture,just because it has a open space in the middle

i mainly remember it having boiled eggs and different king of sausages in it ,there were no eggs showing or anything, and we were trying not to wolf down all the bread that she had made :) it did look like she had put a lot of time and effort into it and was nice enough to share with a couple of young men from the States

i do have to say that Genoa was one of my favorite stops in the Med,even if the police were standing on the docks showing us there Uzis as we left the ship ;)

Last edited:

Ask a Question