Easy Bake Oven?

Reaction score
Are those still around and do y'all use them? I remember mine :) It was my first baking experience. I made a small cake in a little cake pan and topped it with pink icing. Even though it probably doesn't taste as good as the stuff I make now, it was amazing to me back then!

And of course, who can forget Creepy Crawlers (name?) Gummy oven. Gotta love eating gummy scorpions

Reaction score
They're still around and appear to be a lot more sophisticated than they were when I was a kid.

There was just something about the taste of those goodies that little oven baked. We'd probably be horrified, nowadays, at what they put in them.

I'm sure if I ever have a little girl she will get one in her lifetime. I will be curious to see of they taste like my memory seems to think they tasted.

Reaction score
I always loved my easy bake oven! I remember feeling so proud when I got to bake for my mom and dad using it! Of course, we all had to wait turns as I could only make one individual cake at a time. :)
Yes, they are still around today! My niece actually got one for Christmas! She was so excited! They definitely have changed in appearance since when I had one. Hers actually looks really nice and somewhat professional! She also got a snowcone maker! It is really cool as well!
When we were younger, my sister also had the Mcdonalds maker. You could make french fries using pieces of bread. It certainly didn't taste as good as McDonald's but it was fun to make.

Reaction score
I loved my easy bake oven. When I was really little, my dad decided to take me to toys r us for getting straight A's. I believe it was kindergarten, but he was so proud. I don't remember if I had seen them before, but when I saw it in the store, I could not resist. That was it. That was the toy I wanted. I kept it for a long time. Unfortunately, I think it was thrown away. I think it would be a wonderful thing for a child to own. It may have even opened my world up more to baking. Thank you for reminding me of this!

Reaction score
I had an easy bake oven as a kid. The new easy bake ovens are more sophisticated. I saw one in Walmart the other day. I learned how to bake with my oven. I would watch the cakes bake in the oven. I couldn't wait to try one. The cakes smelled and tasted so good.

Reaction score
I have one in my attic that a friend gave me for my little girl. At the time she was only two, and I knew she was too young for it then. Now she is five...do you think that is still too young?

Reaction score
I never had an easy bake oven , but I always thought they looked like so much fun. The new easy bake ovens are so hightech now , they no longer need a light bulb. I think it is great how they have now made the easy bake oven unisex so that little boys who like to bake can now enjoy the toy.

Reaction score
They're definitely still around but I haven't used one in at least a decade lol. I had one when I was little and then again when I was a teenager (it was bought for me as a joke but I freaking loved it!). I especially loved having it when I was older because I would sneakily bake stuff in my room! Oh my gosh I totally forgot about the creepy crawler oven! We totally had one of those, too.

Reaction score
They are still around. Unfortunately I think they come in pink and purple now, which sends a pretty strong message.

I loved my easy bake oven! I made a bunch of brownies. Maybe that's why I have a brownie weakness now!

Reaction score
I have never had an Easy Bake Oven. They were always too far out of price range for me and eventually, I just let it go. The things that could be make from them didn't seem too nice, anyway. Yes, they are still around. Like someone else said, they are more advanced than they were when they first came out. They also have alot more competitors than they did in their release time period. I am sure for a kid that wants to bake, completely by themselves, an Easy Bake or one of the competitors, is one of the best things ever. It would be nice if something was made again that used real regular ingredients that was for children.

Reaction score
They are actually really cute now. My daughter has a purple one and she can make cakes, cookies and even pretzels.
She also had a recipe for mini muffins as well. The prices are not bad either around $30.00 I believe.

Reaction score
I had an Easy Bake. I loved that thing! I clearly remember burning myself somehow on it, lol. My niece received one for her birthday last year and it is WAY cooler than mine was. Plus, I'm pretty sure it bakes a lot better than mine did. There seem to be a lot of different recipes you can do with them now. She loves it! I definitely like the look of hers more than I did mine. Mine was white (I think) and my niece's is pink and gray, I believe. It's still a cool thing to have!

Ask a Question