Easy Bake Ovens

Reaction score
I'm curious to know how many people here had Easy Bake Ovens as children. Did you play with it often? Did you like to eat the little cakes it produced? Did you experiment with different additions or recipes when you ran out of the little mix packets or buy refills?

Reaction score
I loved my Easy Bake Oven! i remember there was this lovely chocolate cake mix that I was absolutely addicted to. I remember my mother used to cut up fruit for topping and we would eat the cake I made with tea during our little tea parties.

Reaction score
I never had an Easy Bake Oven growing up and I always thought it was a toy actually. I had a real pleasant surprise when I went to a colleague's home and her daughter made cookies for us on it. I think it's a great thing for kids to experiment with. It will certainly help to bring about a love for baking in kids.

Reaction score
I think Easy Bake Oven looks cute especially when you see children baking with it. I have a toaster oven which has the same compact size as the Easy Bake Oven. I think they are great especially for one person or small family use.

Reaction score
I'm curious to know how many people here had Easy Bake Ovens as children. Did you play with it often? Did you like to eat the little cakes it produced? Did you experiment with different additions or recipes when you ran out of the little mix packets or buy refills?

I always wanted an easy bake oven as a child but I never got one, but I did play with my cousins whenever we would visit them at their house, and we used to always make all kinds of different things just to see how it would come out. It was really fun. One time we made sugar cookies with chocolate frosting in the shape of a star, they were really good!!

Reaction score
OMG, great question! I loved mine like crazy but don't remember BAKING a lot in it. I do remember EATING the batter; one of my best childhood memories! My daughters are 8 and 5 and it's getting to be time for one of these. But I hear the new ones are not worth the money and to buy a vintage one!

Reaction score
Nothing like cooking with a light bulb :). It actually made some pretty decent stuff for what is essentially a toy. I remember they had a version for makes too where you can make edible bugs and creepy crawlies. Does anyone know if they are still for sale or something similar? I have a feeling a kid burned his house down with one somehow and they stopped selling it.

Reaction score
I could remember getting my first Easy Bake Oven as a kid. My mom and dad bought one for me as a Christmas gift. I remember them coming with sample cake mix and recipes. Recently, I ordered one on Amazon for my 8 year old cousin, and she loved it to a passion. Easy Bake Ovens really does bake. It's amazing! :D

Reaction score
I had one, and I enjoyed making my little cakes with it. It was very fun for me. I will have to ask my mother what she has done with it. I think alot of the older toys were made better than they are now.

Reaction score
Nothing like cooking with a light bulb :). It actually made some pretty decent stuff for what is essentially a toy. I remember they had a version for makes too where you can make edible bugs and creepy crawlies. Does anyone know if they are still for sale or something similar? I have a feeling a kid burned his house down with one somehow and they stopped selling it.

YES! They still sell them! But check the reviews, because it looks like the new ones kinda stink!

Reaction score
I never had an Easy Bake Oven as a kid, it's just one of those things I wanted but never got.
My daughter and I have a Babycakes cupcake maker that's cute and easy to use. There are a lot of different cupcake makers, cake pop makers and whoopie pie makers these days. They're fun for kids to use with parental supervision.

Reaction score
I always wanted an easy bake oven when I was a kid, but I never got one. Instead....I started to secretly use our toaster oven at a young age. Though, most of my little creations were epic fails since I didn't understand the point of having a recipe. Haha!

Reaction score
I never had an Easy Bake Oven as a kid, it's just one of those things I wanted but never got.
My daughter and I have a Babycakes cupcake maker that's cute and easy to use. There are a lot of different cupcake makers, cake pop makers and whoopie pie makers these days. They're fun for kids to use with parental supervision.
I've never heard of those but they sound fun. I don't have any girls though, so probably no easy bake oven for us here in my household.

Reaction score
I loved my Easy Bake! Hmm.. most of us had one as a child.. I wonder if we can correlate that with today's rampant disorders ;)

Anyway.. I didn't do much other than bake what it gave me and how they told me to bake it. I was already a little baking pro because of my grandmother, so I left the good stuff to the real oven. Though I do remember making my own icing for it.. the icing that came with it always made me cringe lol.

Reaction score
Oh yes - I had an Easy Bake Oven.

I used to play with that toy on a regular basis regardless of whether I had mix or not. My thing was making the little cakes and frosting them. I would eat them with my brothers and sister.

Reaction score
I actually never had an Easy Bake Oven when I was a little girl. However, my daughter does and she loved hers when she was a little bit younger. She was constantly baking some kind of a little treat for us. I really wasn't a fan of the mixes that you could get to go with the Easy Bake Oven.

My daughter is 11-years-old now and she has graduated to actually using the oven a little bit now and I have to say that she is a wonderful baker. I really do wonder if it has something to do with the fact that she baked with her Easy Bake when she was younger.

Reaction score
I never had an easy bake as a kid either. But my daughter had one too. She loved that thing and still loves to bake. :)
I can't say I miss cleaning that thing after use though! It seems like we were always getting dough on the inside where you couldn't reach it! Lol

Reaction score
Well, with the phase out of incandescent light bulbs. I can't see easy bake ovens continuing unless they made major changes since I last had one.

Reaction score
I didn't have an easy bake oven when I was little, but I got one for my daughter and she never uses it, she would rather bake with me in the kitchen and follow simple recipes and make creations for the entire family.

Ask a Question