easy banana bread , full walkthrough with step by step pictures

Reaction score
6032c5e924.jpg

607ac81257.jpg

sorry for my bad English . . .

start the oven at 175 C or 340 Fahrenheit before you start . . .

here's the ingredients . . .

dry ingredients :
Flour 2 cups
baking soda 1 tsp
a pinch of salt

wet ingredients :
soft butter 1/2 cups
brown sugar 1/3 cups
3 large banana (4 medium) it must be 1 and 1/2 cups
2 eggs

======================================================

put all dry ingredients together .

now mash the bananas with a fork like the picture . . .

602dd87ae7.jpg

602ddece9c.jpg

mix the butter , sugar and eggs together until they look like the picture . . .

602dd94d6d.jpg

add in the bananas and mix a little now it's time for the dry ingredients add them and mix a little until it looks like the picture , remember never mix too much if you over work the flour your bread will be hard !!

602e2c2571.jpg

you can simply butter your bread pan but i use some parchment paper because i have a glass pan and i think it might stick . . .
overall this is a very easy batter and it doesn't stick much . . .

602e1a147d.jpg

now pour the batter in the pan and shake it a little to distribute evenly . . .

602e2d6a02.jpg

now put the pan in the oven for 60 minutes (if you want it a little moist) this is the perfect time for it but if you want a little more color you can wait for another 15 minutes or even more (it depends on you)

what i do is ; when the 60 minutes is over without taking the pan out i brush some butter on top of my bread and leave it in the oven for another 5 minutes , it will give the top of my bread a nice color , a good smell and a beautiful buttery taste . . .

very important : remember , different ovens have different settings and temperatures even if you choose the same temperature doesn't mean it's the same in two different ovens , they might even distribute the heat differently and make the middle hotter than the sides , you have to experiment with your oven . . .

I hope you enjoy this recipe , i tinkered with it so it's not too sweet and is perfect to be served with some nice ice cream . . .

606e0f30d6.jpg

606e257129.jpg

602e725560.jpg

Reaction score
LOVE banana bread. I have been adding chia seeds to mine lately because I have a big bag of them that I need to use up. From time to time I also add in things like chocolate chips or things like that :)

Reaction score
Who stole my banana bread? @Farhood, banana bread is my favourite to make. I don't remember how I stumbled on the recipe but I am an addict. I use a similar approach but I sometimes I mixed a little wheat flour with mine and almost always add some raisin. I always have a great result. My bananas are also super ripe as well - a lot riper than those in the picture.

Reaction score
Oh, well thank you, thank you and thank you. I need this. I love banana bread but the truth is I also love bananas, so I never really make it to the point where I have some ready to use for the banana bread. I have a recipe buried here somewhere but this one looks a lot easier and more to the point. Looks delicious, and easy, so thanks again for sharing.

Reaction score
I would love to make that one, it looks really delicious and it's also easy to make, I will probably try it out this weekend once I get the ingredients, by the way, can I use any kind of butter or it has to be of any special kind? just wondering so I do not have to buy the wrong thing, thank you for sharing this!

Reaction score
I would love to make that one, it looks really delicious and it's also easy to make, I will probably try it out this weekend once I get the ingredients, by the way, can I use any kind of butter or it has to be of any special kind? just wondering so I do not have to buy the wrong thing, thank you for sharing this!
any butter will do , i used regular butter for this , also used vegetable butter before and i didn't see any difference just maybe healthier !! in case you make it take a picture and post it here !

Reaction score
any butter will do , i used regular butter for this , also used vegetable butter before and i didn't see any difference just maybe healthier !! in case you make it take a picture and post it here !

All I could find to make that bread was some corn butter, it's actually the only butter I had in my possibilities, however, I will surely copy this down and get to make it this afternoon, we're having a family meeting at home and everybody's going to bring something so I have to bake that bread, thank you for the recipe!

Ask a Question