- 110 grams melted butter

- 200 grams caster sugar

- 60 grams self-raising flour

- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

- 30 grams unsweetened cocoa powder

- 1/4 teaspoon salt

- Optional: chopped walnuts

Instructions

- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. If you're using a stove, use the fourth highest temperature.

- Beat the butter and sugar together in a medium bowl. Add the eggs and mix thoroughly. Add the cocoa, sugar, salt and flour. Stir in the vanilla extract and walnuts (optional). Be sure to spead everything evenly into the pan.

- Bake for 25 minutes in the oven, or until the eges are firm enough.

- Cool, cut into squares, and serve.

Reaction score
Hmm, this recipe sounds really tasty and easy to prepare. I will try this tonight.

I have a crunch on brownies but one way or another I have to end up using a commercial mix, which is not what I would like to do, but the only option because most brownie recipes I have found are complex.

Thanks for sharing this recipe :)

Reaction score
Wow thanks! I was just looking for something quick and easy for tonight since I have to get ready for Christmas parties too. I will give this a shot! Thanks a bunch!

Reaction score
Oh, It seems that I have every ingredient that you listed. It seems that I will be making these tomorrow!

Thanks for posting this recipe.

Reaction score
Thanks for the recipe! I have a question, though. Do these brownies come out more cake like or fudge like? If they are going to come out more cake like, I want to get some ice cream before I make them.

Reaction score
Thank you so much for sharing this brownie recipe! My homemade brownies have not turned out well in the past. I have been relying on brownie box mixes! I know, its embarassing to admit it, but it's true. My homemade brownies have tasted bland and I found the box mixes to be so much easier to not only bake, but all of the ingredients are included!
I really appericate you sharing this recipe! I look forward to trying it!

Reaction score
Thank you so much for this recipe! It seems quite easy to make, so I shall make this in the morning. What is a good tip to make sure that the inside of the brownie is moist and the outer part is crispy?

Reaction score
Whoa, thank you so much for the recipe! It looks tasty even though it could be made in such a short amount of time!

I'm a beginner baker myself, and I want to find budget recipes that I could do in a short span of time, so my mother and sister can easily taste and evaluate my performance. This is so cool! Thanks!

Reaction score
Thank you so much for this recipe! It seems quite easy to make. I will try it right now :)

Reaction score
I definitely have to try this recipe. I have the most trouble with any brownie recipe. They never come out right but I'm willing to keep trying because I love brownies so much. It's really reassuring to read this thread and know that I'm not the only person who has trouble with brownies. Thank you for this recipe.

Reaction score
I wish I had seen this recipe 3 hours ago. The brownies I "made" tonight came out so bad that I would've thrown the pan out the window, if I didn't like my neighbors. o_O

I'm glad this isn't one of those recipes where the nuts are integral to the taste and consistency of the final product. I'm allergic so I can't work with any kinds of nuts. Too many recipes require absolutely no deviation from the ingredients and it can be really stifling dealing with legumes and tree nuts.

I'll give this a shot the next time I try brownies. Thanks for posting it. ;)

Ask a Question