Easy Chocolate Tofu Pudding

Reaction score
This recipe is so ridiculously easy, that it takes less time to make this dessert than actually read the recipe.

1 cup tofu
3 TbS sugar or sweetener of your choice
2 Tbs. cocoa powder

Blend all ingredients until smooth - serve chilled. Don't have a blender? Mash it with a fork, or through a sieve. So easy, it cannot really be called a recipe :)

Reaction score
What kind of tofu that I will use for this recipe is it the firm tofu or the soft tofu? Here in our place we had the extra firm, firm and soft kind of tofu. This recipe interest me because I like tofu because it is nutritious and a healthy kind of food. By the way thank you for sharing your recipe. :)

Reaction score
Does it kind of turn out like a chocolate mousse texture? I'm not the biggest fan of tofu normally but now you have me curious!!

Reaction score
This certainly seems yummy for me. Add both facts that the recipe is so simple and I really love tofu makes it even more exciting to do. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe @Valeria. I'm definitely going to try doing this soon. We also have a sweet delicacy here in the Philippines called "taho", which is also made from tofu and I just love eating it together with my family. So I'm sure I'm going to love this recipe I've learned from you. :)

Reaction score
Pardon me for this comment but I don't think that would be a hit in our house unless I would keep the ingredients secret. The mere mention of tofu is already a turn off. You know the younger generation, they seem to dislike healthy food. Give them prunes for a snack and they would prefer chips. But in fairness to your recipe, you are right that it is easy to prepare, no sweat and no baking either.

Reaction score
@Corzhens Thinking about what you said makes me thankful that I'm not having a hard time when it comes to feeding my family with anything related to tofu. :) My little boy also loves this soy milk drink called "Vitamilk" even if you can really taste the "tofu-ness" of the drink.

Reaction score
Pardon me for this comment but I don't think that would be a hit in our house unless I would keep the ingredients secret. The mere mention of tofu is already a turn off. You know the younger generation, they seem to dislike healthy food. Give them prunes for a snack and they would prefer chips. But in fairness to your recipe, you are right that it is easy to prepare, no sweat and no baking either.

I must have been a weird kid - I loved (and still love!) prunes! My husband thinks it's weird and can't stand them but I think they're super delicious!

Reaction score
@Corzhens Thinking about what you said makes me thankful that I'm not having a hard time when it comes to feeding my family with anything related to tofu. :) My little boy also loves this soy milk drink called "Vitamilk" even if you can really taste the "tofu-ness" of the drink.

The only attractive tofu for my family is the fried, crispy tofu that is a side dish to our beef porridge. The tofu is cut into small cubes and mixed with small cuts of boiled pork belly. There is a dip which is made of vinegar, soy sauce, crushed garlic, black pepper and strips of ginger. It never fails to be a hit maybe because the tofu is crunchy and brown, not a trace of the white tofu that has a bland taste.

Reaction score
Tofu is a healthy kind of food and here in Korea it is already part of our diet and would you believe the children eat this too here. We had different recipes for tofu which really amazed me when I migrated here. If this is only a cooking forum I can share some tofu recipes.

Reaction score
I live this recipe not only for how easy it is, but also because you can use up any tofu you have on hand. Of course, depending on the type of tofu you will get different textures (and slight variations of taste).

Well, it's kind of like a mousse but does have a slight tofu-ey taste to it.... You can definitely play around with different ingredients/flavours to balance the taste (though usually this is my quick fix and I've always settled for this version :)

Reaction score
I see. I'm imagining it can be compared similarly to our native treat called "taho", which I mentioned previously. It's a sweet but healthy treat which is usually sold by an ambulant vendor here in the Philippines but it has been widely loved by Filipinos both young and old because of the sweet taste and easy consumption because it is very soft that you can just gulp it straight up without having to chew on anything. :)

Here's a link on a recipe I found with some pictures in it if you guys are interested in learning how to make "taho":

http://blog.junbelen.com/2013/01/23...-tofu-with-sago-pearls-and-brown-sugar-syrup/

Reaction score
@gracer That seems like a really interesting recipe! I've never encountered Sago-pearls before though, and I would doubt it if I can find it around where I live (it's even difficult to find decent cocomilk in the city where I live....and not all supermarkets stock it!)

How does sago taste? Can you substitute it for something similar?

Reaction score
Thank you @Valeria! :) This kind of dessert is a healthier treat for the whole family especially for children. If there's an Asian store near you, maybe you can try looking for sago there. Tapioca pearl is the nearest alternative for sago since they look and taste almost the same.

Ask a Question