Easy No Measuring Italian Cake in Tablespoons.

Reaction score
Hi, thought I would share this easy recipe for a really nice very light Italian sponge cake which is so quick and easy to make I make one every other day for the family. Originally from the internet, I have become so used to it now it takes just minutes to prepare and 25/30 minutes in the oven. Please do give it a go, I think you will be very happy with the results.

You will need:

1 x mixing bowl
1 x 8'' cake tin - lined or generously buttered.
1 x hand mixer
1 x tablespoon
1 x sieve
1 x lemon grater and juice extracter
3 x eggs
1 pinch salt
zest juice half a lemon
1 teaspoon baking powder
12 tablespoons sugar
12 tablespoons milk
12 tablespoons oil
12 tablespoons sieved flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

Preheat Oven to 350/180/160/Gas4

Crack 3 eggs into the bowl. Add 12 tablespoons sugar. Mix well together. add a pinch of salt. Mix well until pale colour. Add 12 tablespoons milk, 12 tablespoons of oil, the zest and juice of 1/2 lemon, Whisk together. Add 12 tablespoons flour through a sieve along with one teaspoon of baking powder.Whisk until combined. Pour the mix into the cake tin. give a little shake to smooth level and pop into oven for 25/30 minutes. When cool, can either dust with icing sugar or leave plain. I sometimes fill with jam and whipped cream if the fancy takes me. Hope you enjoy this if you try it.

Last edited:

Ask a Question