Easy Paleo Pancake Recipe with Only 3 Ingredients

Reaction score
Here is a really cool recipe to prepare a 3 ingredient pancake, it's supposed to be paleo friendly, full of protein and also gluten-free. I haven't tried it yet, but today I was very close to, then I remembered I had already had some pineapple. Anyways, here is the recipe: http://www.recipebyphoto.com/3-ingredient-pancakes/

Please let me know if you have tried this before and if the results were good enough!

Reaction score
I did it once, but wasn't too happy with the results. It may have been because my eggs were larger than what the recipe used (it didnt specify size). They turned more like eggs than pancake, which my king did NOT like. I fixed it by adding some whole wheat flour which wasn't the point in the first place. I tried again with less eggs and more banana but felt it didn't "cook" enough. Since then I tired an eggless whole what flour recipe which my kinds loves and is easy to make.

Reaction score
I thought so too, I actually had my doubts, because this mix seems too have a little too much egg! So I didn't feel like trying, mostly because I was afraid I'd end up with a really weird banana flavored omelet, lol. Thanks a lot for the info!

Reaction score
I thought so too, I actually had my doubts, because this mix seems too have a little too much egg! So I didn't feel like trying, mostly because I was afraid I'd end up with a really weird banana flavored omelet, lol. Thanks a lot for the info!

Trellum, you know who's going to comment here right? I see "3 ingredients' and I get all excited to come and learn that it's not going to work out that well?:( Anyway, we are not really pancake people or if we are we don't know yet. I will pause on this one and wait for the perfect "3 ingredient" recipe. You know I am not going to give up completely on anything quick and easy.:)

Reaction score
Hehehehe, you took a bit long to reply ;) I was wondering where you were, hehehe ;) I was actually really going to give this a try the other day, because it looked so easy and good in the pics! But a part of me thought... uhm what if it tuns like a yucky sweet omelet? Hehehhe! Now we can discard this recipe :p It's a pity, because it is gluten free :O

Reaction score
@Trellum I love pancakes and when I read your post "3 Ingredient Pancakes"... I'm interested at once and read the recipe in the link that you had given. I thought you had tried the recipe already. Anyway since I always love to try experimenting even whatever will be the outcome it is just okay. Maybe I will try this one day If I have the chance and considering that the ingredients are few only. I am always like that in my cooking and baking. There is no harm in trying as long as you will learn something new. That is why my mother would always said to me..."Here you are again wasting your ingredients"... But when i had made it perfect already she would say..."Buy more ingredients and cook or bake again for me...Lol;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hehehehe, you took a bit long to reply ;) I was wondering where you were, hehehe ;) I was actually really going to give this a try the other day, because it looked so easy and good in the pics! But a part of me thought... uhm what if it tuns like a yucky sweet omelet? Hehehhe! Now we can discard this recipe :p It's a pity, because it is gluten free :O

:):) Girl I have to say this three ingredient thing is not working out. My best work called for much more. I am not going to discard it just yet. Just for the fun of it I might even try it. Who knows. Sometimes what I have thought was a disaster was embraced and enjoyed by someone in the household. This might be one of those recipes although I doubt it.

Reaction score
I'm not sure how that is even a pancake when it is total grain free. I think you should try adding some buckwheat flour or rice flour or something. That just looks like banana scramblers eggs.

Reaction score
Thanks dancing lady, I actually thought the same, but there is this thing named ''Paleo Diet'' it seems a lot people are into it nowadays! So they come up with this kind of recipes, hehehe! Yeah, probably some flour would do the trick, but even yet I'm not so sure it would end up working out.

Reaction score
:):) Girl I have to say this three ingredient thing is not working out. My best work called for much more. I am not going to discard it just yet. Just for the fun of it I might even try it. Who knows. Sometimes what I have thought was a disaster was embraced and enjoyed by someone in the household. This might be one of those recipes although I doubt it.

Yeah, I might try it too... only if I have really ripe bananas and I'm not sure what to do with them (other than throwing them away), hehehe! Sounds like a good plan, girlie! I liked this recipe at first because of the high protein content.... but I know what can happen if you don't mix the pan cake batter well after throwing in the eggs: eggy bits in the final product! Yuck! So that is what is stopping me from trying this!

Reaction score
I like my pancakes to be light and fluffy. When you put too much egg into a cake recipe it makes the texture very dense. This probably would not taste good when you top your pancakes with syrup or whatever you top them with.

Reaction score
Yeah, I doubt this one would work to be honest. You got to admit they look pretty nice in the picture tho, but I am starting to think that might be the picture of some actual pancakes that do have some flour in them!

Reaction score
Pancakes ate the yummiest. I remember on a trip to USA I had IHOP pancakes and I missed them so much. I just saw a copycat recipie on pintrest that I'm just itching to try. Just the thought makes my mouth water.

Reaction score
Pancakes ate the yummiest. I remember on a trip to USA I had IHOP pancakes and I missed them so much. I just saw a copycat recipie on pintrest that I'm just itching to try. Just the thought makes my mouth water.
When they opened an IHOP here I really wanted to go but waited until the "new" dies down. Finally went. It was an unpleasant experience and I really didn't think the food lived up to the hype so we never went back.:( I'll keep my homemade pancakes. ;)

Reaction score
After reading all the posts on this I actually tried those this morning and cut down the egg, it turned out pretty good I thought. We had mixed feelings here at home but I would make them again, at least for myself.

Ask a Question