Easy Peasy treat to make with children.

Reaction score
I saw this recipe online tonite, and it looked delicious, healthy, and easy to make. I wasn't sure which topic to put it in, but I am thinking that right here is a great place.
I will post the picture with directions, but the basic idea is banana slices, filled with peanut butter, and dipped in chocolate. It should be easy to do, and fun for children to help out with, and of course, an enjoyable treat for them as well.
image.jpg

Reaction score
Aah this looks delicious!!! Thank you so much for sharing Happyflowerlady i think my kids are going to love this and its easy enough for them to make it!! :) I think caramel condensemilk will also be delicious for the filling don,t you think!!

Reaction score
Oh wow! That does look easy to do and kids would love this! There's less prep-time just cutting, scooping, and pouring.

Reaction score
MMmm! Thanks for posting this. I love to cook with the kids I watch...and I think this might very well be something they'll enjoy!! I like the idea of a variety of fillings, too, even though chocolate and peanut butter is my favorite combo!

Reaction score
Yes, I think the possibility for fillings is open to ones imagination. I was thinking, maybe a little strawberry jam along with the peanut butter, or orange marmalade, or even some of that chocolate Nutella instead of peanut butter, with or without a bit of jam.
Cream cheese with a little jam or honey in it would also be delicious with the banana and chocolate topping.
Next trip to the store, I will be getting some bananas and chocolate, and testing this recipe out.

Reaction score
I had to read this on the one day I didn't have any bananas in the house. Well, a quick trip to the store will fix that. Maybe tomorrow!

Reaction score
If you used different fillings; could you not also substitute different fruit? Frozen slices of apple, kiwi or strawberries, for example? Pineapple, perhaps? It's a great way to help children get their 5-a-day fruit servings, especially if they're fussy eaters like most children I know!

Thanks for posting this! :D Bookmarked! hehe..

Reaction score
Oh wow this looks yummy! I will have to try it with the kiddos. I am sure they will love it. Bananas, peanut butter and chocolate are all favorites in this household.

Reaction score
Well I no longer have any young ones around but I have a roommate who loves bananas and chocolate. Actually he likes anything sweet.lol I think I will surprise him and give this recipe a try.

Reaction score
Magnificent idea to make with the kiddies! A sweet treat that also is healthy and looks yummy to boot. I am going to try this immediately with my grandson, as he is nuts about all of the ingredients. I have got to pass this on to some friends who I just know will flip over it.

Reaction score
I have done a recipe similar to this using ritz crackers with peanut butter and dipping in white chocolate. But I do love the banana idea and am definately going to try it.

Reaction score
Those look very tasty! I might give them a go myself, even though I'd probably make them myself rather than with children. The only child I have to bake with whenever I want is my 8-year-old brother but he doesn't like peanut butter, so I'm not sure he'd be keen. All the more for me. ;)

Reaction score
Those are adorable! I'm not a fan of peanut butter, but I'm thinking a "caramel" made with medjool dates in the middle. Yummy! Thanks :)

Reaction score
I think what i like most about this recipe is just how easy and straight forward it is to be made and it looks so tasty ....i can see the kids having a blast making this recipe....this recipe is a sure keeper.

Reaction score
Those look fun to make and somewhat healthy. When my teen and I find another apartment, I might make these with her. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
I saw this recipe online tonite, and it looked delicious, healthy, and easy to make. I wasn't sure which topic to put it in, but I am thinking that right here is a great place.
I will post the picture with directions, but the basic idea is banana slices, filled with peanut butter, and dipped in chocolate. It should be easy to do, and fun for children to help out with, and of course, an enjoyable treat for them as well.
View attachment 44
Oh my gosh those look so simple! They have everything my kids love! Bananas, peanut butter and chocolate. Easy recipe for the win! Thank you for sharing.

Ask a Question