Easy Raw Vegan Banana Ice Cream Recipe

Reaction score
I have recently become very interested in veganism. I would like to adjust my diet so that I only eat raw vegan. I'm not there yet but I am learning a lot. One thing that I have recently learned about is banana ice cream. While browsing for vegan recipes I kept seeing one ingredient ice cream pop up so I gave it a look and found out that the one ingredient is banana. I cut up and froze two bananas then ran them through the magic bullet to blend them up. In no time they were a creamy consistency. I refroze them and true to the claim I had one ingredient ice cream. The best part is that it is completely raw and vegan.

Reaction score
We do this too! We aren't vegan but I love that it's a lighter, healthier version of ice cream and it kicks my craving for sweets!

Reaction score
Oh man............I had an Aunt and Uncle long when I was younger, who made homemade banana ice cream every summer!!!!

Boy do I miss that!!!

As far as your recipe goes............you can pretty much do that with any fruit. Some of it may end up more like sherbet, but still good.

Reaction score
This is interesting. I have "thought" about veganism myself but it has not really gone much further than my thoughts. Would this work with a blender as well? I find this banana idea very inviting.

Reaction score
I've often done frozen banana treats during the summer. Occasionally dipped in chocolate and sprinkles or as a part of a frozen fruit shishkebab. I've also blended frozen berries into instant sherbet.

However I didn't try to blend the banana, somehow it didn't cross my mind (I blame the heat waves!) Something I definitely need to try before the summer is over!

Reaction score
In the olden days when there was no budget for buying real ice cream, we had to improvise on a shoestring budget. We also love banana ice cream but usually with a mix. One such good combination is avocado that we mix with banana. Another good combine with banana is cantaloupe. The mix is not for the blender but for cutting only in small bits. When frozen, we like it when there are bits that we can chew on. How about a merry mix of fruits for making ice cream? That would give your kids a sort of excitement in identifying what's in their mouth.

Reaction score
This is interesting. I have "thought" about veganism myself but it has not really gone much further than my thoughts. Would this work with a blender as well? I find this banana idea very inviting.

I have done this with a blender and it works really well too! For a twist you can add some cocoa powder as well, but you'll have to experiment with how much works for you. I like it quite chocolaty and it can taste a bit strange if you don't put enough in! I like it with a bit of desiccated coconut on top for a bit of a crunch too.

Reaction score
Banana Ice Cream, Ahhh Interesting recipe.

1. Add Banana to the blender and blend.
2. Blend it when it becomes very smooth approximately 5 minutes.
3. Add little Coca Powder, almonds & dry fruits according to taste.
4. Add honey & milk cream.
5. Mix it very well.
6. Scoop into air tight bowl and put into freezer for at least 1 Hour
Banana Ice Cream is Ready. Serve it with Strawberry and dressing it with one or two leaves of mint.

Ask a Question