Easy Recipe for Tortilla Wraps?

Reaction score
I have several packages of tortillas that I'd like to use for making dinner sometime soon. I just need a recipe for tortilla wraps that isn't spicy, is easy to make, doesn't have complicating ingredients, and doesn't have a lot of milk or any milk. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
You mean soft flour tortillas or corn tortillas? My grandma mad hers only with water, flour, salt and butter, not a big deal to be honest. I'm not sure if where you live you can find flour that only needs water and that's it. Over here we have them, you just need to add water and start working the dough, then make the tortilla wraps with a dough roller... cook them and that's it.

Btw... no idea who would ever add milk to soft flour tortillas, that's really odd!

Reaction score
Make a chicken salad wrap out of them. I like to put apples and pecans in my chicken salad to make it taste interesting. Add romaine lettuce and cheddar and it makes a delicious wrap.

Reaction score
Pizza wraps are a hit here at my house. Take some pepperonis and mozzarella cheese and wrap up. I also like spinach leaves, Swiss cheese and ham rolled up in wraps as well.

Reaction score
You mean soft flour tortillas or corn tortillas? My grandma mad hers only with water, flour, salt and butter, not a big deal to be honest. I'm not sure if where you live you can find flour that only needs water and that's it. Over here we have them, you just need to add water and start working the dough, then make the tortilla wraps with a dough roller... cook them and that's it.

Btw... no idea who would ever add milk to soft flour tortillas, that's really odd!
No, that's not what I meant. I have the tortillas, I just need a good recipe for a filling that doesn't have too much milk (sour cream, cheese, etc.). Might consider making my own tortillas, though. ;)

Reaction score
Chicken strip wraps are taste. Spred honey mustard on the tortilla , then layer on some fresh lettuce. Next add some thinly sliced grape tomatoes top with one or two chicken strips and some shredded cheese. Then wrap your tortilla around your fillling.

Reaction score
No, that's not what I meant. I have the tortillas, I just need a good recipe for a filling that doesn't have too much milk (sour cream, cheese, etc.). Might consider making my own tortillas, though. ;)

Ahh, lol, I thought it was kinda strange! I do make my own tortillas tho ;) I don't like the ones they sell at the store,they kinda taste weird. IIf you want a good recipe, then you could try making some ''Alambre'', you basically get chopped beef, onion, green bell peppers (1 or 2 small ones), bacon and a bit cheese. You just fry the beef and onion, add the rest of the ingredients and before serving add the cheese. Not much. I've made this before and everyone loves it.

You of course need to use the spices you like, most of the time salt and pepper works just fine, but you can also buy a prepared taco mix or you can make your own :D

Reaction score
Ahh, lol, I thought it was kinda strange! I do make my own tortillas tho ;) I don't like the ones they sell at the store,they kinda taste weird. IIf you want a good recipe, then you could try making some ''Alambre'', you basically get chopped beef, onion, green bell peppers (1 or 2 small ones), bacon and a bit cheese. You just fry the beef and onion, add the rest of the ingredients and before serving add the cheese. Not much. I've made this before and everyone loves it.

You of course need to use the spices you like, most of the time salt and pepper works just fine, but you can also buy a prepared taco mix or you can make your own :D
Sounds like a good recipe, except I'd leave out the bacon. Just got more tortillas several days ago; they're becoming a favorite in my house.

Reaction score
Sure, you can do all the changes you want :D You can also use ''Picadillo'' to fill your wraps, no cheese at all in that one. All you need is ground beef, one small green chili, tomato, onion, spices, diced carrots and potatoes and that's it. It tastes great in tacos! Anything with potatoes pleases this family, lol. Let's not talk about my Russian salad :p

Ask a Question