Edible wedding bands ideas

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new here. I am making a wedding cake for a co-worker. Instead of using the traditional groom and bride cake toppers, I have decided to use champagne glasses for the top decoration. I plan on finishing the cake with roses but I will have space on top of the cake above the glasses. I wanted to make wedding bands, my problem is I'm not sure how to do this. I can easily pipe them with frosting but I was thinking of other ideas, any thoughts or opinions is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! :)

They would look nice if they were more sculpted rather than piped - you could make them from sugar paste perhaps? Let them dry out on a cylinder that you can easily slide them off from, and perhaps brush them with gold/silver edible glitter - could work nicely.

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new here. I am making a wedding cake for a co-worker. Instead of using the traditional groom and bride cake toppers, I have decided to use champagne glasses for the top decoration. I plan on finishing the cake with roses but I will have space on top of the cake above the glasses. I wanted to make wedding bands, my problem is I'm not sure how to do this. I can easily pipe them with frosting but I was thinking of other ideas, any thoughts or opinions is greatly appreciated, thanks.
I can't advise you but I am eager to find out what happened in the end. I stopped and looked it up and there are a few Youtube videos that might be helpful. These rings here are a little too pretty but you could combine Becky's idea for a better wedding look.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Edible-Fondant-Rings/

Ask a Question