Egg bread recipe?

Discussion in 'Bread' started by dreamseer, Sep 19, 2013.

1. dreamseer

dreamseer Active Member

A friend of mine's daughter made an awesome bread she just called "egg bread". It was yellow in color and was a braided loaf. On the top of it she had put an eggwash and sprinkled coarse salt, like you put on pretzels. My husband (who is not a big bread eater) LOVED this bread, and wants me to try to make some. The problem is that I couldn't get her to give up her recipe!!:p She wanted to keep it a secret (she's 13, and it was HER specialty). I guess I could search the internet and find a recipe, but if anyone has one that they have tried, I would greatly appreciate it.

dreamseer, Sep 19, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. dreamseer

RomanAnthonysMama Well-Known Member

I love that she added the salt to the top! A lot of restaurants lately have been selling new pretzel bread products, but then they don't add salt to the top...It's so annoying! With just a touch of salt it could be the perfect dish. It sounds like your friend's daughter is an awesome cook, she has the right idea! Go her!

RomanAnthonysMama, Sep 21, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. dreamseer

kammy Well-Known Member

My fiancee made me egg bread it was the first time that i am having it and it was amazingly delicious...i remember him seasoning the egg with cayenne pepper/black peeper,diced garlic,diced onion,rosemary sprig,salt to taste...he coated both sides of the bread and placed them in the skillet with hot oil...fry for 2-3 min..

kammy, Sep 18, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question