eggshells

Reaction score
Its a nightmare when we get shells in our eggs. The best way to remove them is wet your finger and put it in. The shell will gravitate to your finger.

Reaction score
That never happens to me because I crack my eggs quite fast, but thanks for the tip, you never know when it might be useful :) I had to crack several eggs last time I baked, fortunately no eggshell bits got in the mix. But in the past in happened to me all the time.

Reaction score
I have learned to crack my eggs in a separate bowl than the destination ingredient bowl for fear I will lose an eggshell in it at some point. I have never tried wetting my finger as a way to get the shell out, but I will test it out next time.

Reaction score
I have learned to crack my eggs in a separate bowl than the destination ingredient bowl for fear I will lose an eggshell in it at some point. I have never tried wetting my finger as a way to get the shell out, but I will test it out next time.

Yes - that's exactly what I do! It's just a lot less stress for me to crack it into a separate bowl than crack it into a bowl with other ingredients in it! Having the egg in a separate bowl makes it a ton easier to get rid of any parts of the shell if they do manage to fall in!

Reaction score
Yes - that's exactly what I do! It's just a lot less stress for me to crack it into a separate bowl than crack it into a bowl with other ingredients in it! Having the egg in a separate bowl makes it a ton easier to get rid of any parts of the shell if they do manage to fall in!
Me too! I crack the eggs into a small bowl one at a time and add each egg to the batter before cracking the next one. I don't generally get any eggshells in with the egg in the first place, but if I do it's nice to be able to get it out without worrying about pulling out other ingredients or loosing it in the batter.

Reaction score
I am doing the same when cracking eggs which I crack it first on a separate bowl to check if there are shells that fall into it and also to know if the egg is still fresh and not rotten before I put it together in the bowl of other ingredients.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am123

Latest Threads