Essential Baking Items For a New Bride

Reaction score
A friend is getting married and I although they are not doing a gift list, I am thinking of helping the guests choose items so that the couple doesn't have a lot of doubles. What would you suggest as an essential baking equipment list? I'm thinking 1 9x13, 2 rounds, 2 loaf, etc. What would you consider essential besides those things?

Reaction score
I suggest a really good hand mixer. I have a KitchenAid stand mixer and I only use it about once a year (shame). I love my little KitchenAid hand-held...I use it 4-5 times a week.

Reaction score
I second the mixer. Everyone should have a really good mixer with all the essential attachments. What about a set of cookie cutters and chocolate molds? Maybe a sugar thermometer if she's into that sort of thing, or maybe a laser-type thermometer so it can be used for other dishes. Also cupcake liners just for variety, and also on the cheaper side of things.

Reaction score
I think that a blender, or at least a stick blender is a good idea, too. I use my blender for so many things in the kitchen. I know that it is not just for baking, but it is certainly something that I think a new bride/cook should have.
I also love my food processor, but often times, I can just use the blender if i am just chopping up a bit of something (onions, peppers, carrots) for a recipe. I wouldn't want to even think about making salsa without my blender, plus when I am making salad dressings or tarter sauce I use it to chop up the onions and pickles.
For me, it is indispensable ! !

Reaction score
IO think you should buy her a good cook book to start with. Next throw in some quailty measuring cups spoons , and baking pans. You might also want ot make her a set of your favorite recipe cards , this will personalize your gift.

Reaction score
This is a good list to keep in mind since my boyfriend and I are planning to get married soon. A kitchenaid mixer is DEFINITELY on my list!

Reaction score
I think they could also use some mixing spoons and mixing bowls, and those scraper spatulas that get all the batter out of the bowl.
Maybe a cookie sheet too and oven mitts.

Reaction score
You could also look for cook books for beginer with easy recipes. Just really small ones so she will not get overwhelmed.

Ask a Question