Eucherist Bread

Reaction score
Once I was looking for a really easy bread recipe that I could do without using yeast. Usually I would do Irish soda bread, but when I was searching once I found a recipe for Eucharist Bread. This is used without yeast as well because some churches use it for their communion services, which are supposed to have bread with no "leaven" in it.

This particular recipe is like a fairly plain white bread but it is kind of dense, and it has some sweetness to it because of the addition of honey.

Here is the recipe I used. It turns out really tasty and you can use it for just about anything from sandwiches to garlic bread!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...2Ae6g7czg&sig2=RbHpvV3fCG6AwRE-DodQ_g&cad=rja

Reaction score
Is that called the peta or pita bread that is served during the lenten season? There was a time that I was in the province and I went to church. It so happened that there was a celebration in the church where they served unleavened bread in commemoration of the olden times. Whoa, the bread was tough and although the taste is good, I don't think I would buy that for breakfast. But in fairness to that unleavened bread, they say it is nutritious and very good for the health.

Ask a Question