Bake Perfect Hand Pies with EZ Pocket Pan

Reaction score
My grandma and I were talking about hand pies the other day. I told her that I had been trying to duplicate her delicious pies, but my filling kept coming out when I fried them. She ended up ordering me the EZ Pockets pan. It sounds like a good idea and I can bake the pies instead of frying them, which is slightly healthier.

Does anyone have any experience with one of these pans? Do you have a favorite recipe you like to use in it? I'll update you on what I use it for next week. I wanted to make some hand pies for Christmas dinner.

Reaction score
I've seen the infomercials and it looks like a cute device for making individual pies, but I haven't had the best experiences with As Seen On TV items, so I'm not rushing out to buy it. Let us know how it works out. I don't know anyone that actually owns one.

Reaction score
So, I made chocolate hand pies. I would post pictures, but the pies are now in my belly! I bought premade crust and just rolled it a bit thinner. I placed one crust in the pan and pressed it down into the forms. I made chocolate pie filling and scooped a good bit into each crust cavity. Top with the second crust and use the roller to seal the edges. I can not remember how long I baked it, but they came out heavenly. I want to try a pot pie one next. I would reccommend the EZ Pocket pan to people, it was pretty awesome. I also have problems with As Seen on TV items.

Reaction score
So, I made chocolate hand pies. I would post pictures, but the pies are now in my belly! I bought premade crust and just rolled it a bit thinner. I placed one crust in the pan and pressed it down into the forms. I made chocolate pie filling and scooped a good bit into each crust cavity. Top with the second crust and use the roller to seal the edges. I can not remember how long I baked it, but they came out heavenly. I want to try a pot pie one next. I would reccommend the EZ Pocket pan to people, it was pretty awesome. I also have problems with As Seen on TV items.

This pan does look exciting. You said that the pies came out really well , what is the advantage to using this pan over something like a pie mold ? How well doe this clean up and does it need to be well greased?

Ask a Question