Fall Apple Recipes

Reaction score
For me, one of the biggest things about fall (apart from pumpkin EVERYTHING!) is baking with apples.

I found this excellent link that has a ton of apple desserts to try and honestly, they all look divine!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/chelseal45c...es-you-need-to-try-this-fall-s5wd#.uyVGZe9GzE

The caramel apple blondie cheesecake just looks so good. So bad, but so good ;)

Do any of you have some delicious apple based recipes to share with us?

Reaction score
I am a big fan of Tart Tatin, and it's so easy to make! Here's my favourite recipe:

Jamie Oliver Tart Tatin

621_1_1436957452.jpg

YUM! :D

Shame I can't eat gluten at the moment! :(

Reaction score
Wow, those all look yummy. I should have eaten breakfast before I logged on. Here's one that looks fairly easy, and also delicious. I love crepes, but have never made apple or apple cinnamon ones, at least not yet. http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/apple-crepes I did have apple cinnamon crepes at a lovely creperie in Quebec, though, and they were so good we made them our dinner.

Attachments

• apple-crepes-ay-1946187-x.jpg
    apple-crepes-ay-1946187-x.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 436
Reaction score
God, my biggest weakness is cheesecake in general... but this one looks too freaking good! I might definitely try the apple fries and chips :) Specially the chips, those look healthy enough!

Reaction score
God, my biggest weakness is cheesecake in general... but this one looks too freaking good! I might definitely try the apple fries and chips :) Specially the chips, those look healthy enough!

The fries looked so good, I definitely want to try them. The recipe looked fairly easy, too, so I think anyone could make them. Not that I don't know how to cook/bake, but especially these days, I lean toward easier and quicker recipes, rather than ones that require a lot of time, energy, and special ingredients.

Reaction score
You could make a caramel apple claufuti! They are super easy to make and taste so fresh. Sometimes I do not want to make a dessert that is heavy, and a clafuti is versatile, you can use just about any fruit or berry in them. Top it off with fresh whip cream and your tastebuds will be in heaven.

Reaction score

Cheesecake is totally up there on my guilty pleasure/weakness scale. I just love that there are so many varieties. Some desserts are very 'same old, same old' but with cheesecake I feel like it can always be varied to the taste I am craving. Fruit, chocolate, caramel, you name it!

Reaction score
@cupcakechef My favorite is plain cheesecake, but I feel daring I might experiment with other recipes. Lately I've been thinking of coffee flavored cheese cake, with a chocolate flavored crust. Cheesecake is the only thing I'm not afraid to experiment with ;)

Reaction score
@Diane Lane Yeah :) Me too =D Specially when it comes to dinners, that is why I prefer to prepare soups or salads for dinners. I want to save as much time as possible, but I have also been thinking of getting a crock-pot. I think one of those would make things easier for me, what do you think? =D

Reaction score
@Diane Lane Yeah :) Me too =D Specially when it comes to dinners, that is why I prefer to prepare soups or salads for dinners. I want to save as much time as possible, but I have also been thinking of getting a crock-pot. I think one of those would make things easier for me, what do you think? =D

@Trellum Crock pots can be great, especially if you're making a full meal or extra portions to save for later. That's when I use mine. Since it's just me here now, I tend to make really simple meals such as grilled cheese, a salad, soup, or maybe tuna salad. I cook a lot less than I used to, but sometimes I will make a more elaborate meal, portion it out for later, and then freeze most of it. That really helps when I'm having an off day and want something good to eat, but don't feel well. A crock pot could come in handy for those times, since you can make pretty much anything in one, from lasagna to desserts.

Reaction score
@Trellum Crock pots can be great, especially if you're making a full meal or extra portions to save for later. That's when I use mine. Since it's just me here now, I tend to make really simple meals such as grilled cheese, a salad, soup, or maybe tuna salad. I cook a lot less than I used to, but sometimes I will make a more elaborate meal, portion it out for later, and then freeze most of it. That really helps when I'm having an off day and want something good to eat, but don't feel well. A crock pot could come in handy for those times, since you can make pretty much anything in one, from lasagna to desserts.

Wow, lasagna? I can't imagine how to make that in a crock-pot :confused: Lol, I've so much to learn. Well, do you think a crock-pot is worth buying if there are only two adults in a household? Not counting the visits of course. I've been thinking of preparing meals I can freeze, so I can eat them when it's more convenient, but I'd need to check what recipes do well. I think I did find a site with a lot recipes perfect for freezing, but I am not sure if I bookmarked it. I did bookmark the site you recommended me though ;)

Ask a Question