Quickly Bake a 10oz Pot Pie in 5 Minutes

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was wondering what the best piece of equipment would be to fully bake a 10oz pot pie in under 5 minutes. Thank you for your help.

Reaction score
Going to need more to go on here... How big is the pie? What type of pastry are you using? Is this on a commercial scale?

Reaction score
If you are talking about a frozen pot pie from the store, then a microwave would do.

If you are talking about something fresh made, then a Flash Bake oven would probably be the fastest.

Although cooking time in any oven depends on what is being cooked. In a Pot Pie, if there are hard veggies or meat in it, then those are going to take longer to cook. Veggie or Vegan pot pie made with all "soft" veggies will take a lot less time.

If you are talking about handheld pot pies, the ones with a thick crust on them, those can be cooked in a deep fryer. But again, actual cooking time will depend on what ingredients are being used.

Reaction score
It's about the size of a Marie Callender frozen pot pie. I'm using a standard recipe for the dough. I need a way to fast bake it from a raw state, so it could be sold at a farmers market fresh. I've looked into flash bake ovens, like a turbochef, but it's way too costly. Would this work? https://goo.gl/images/u1XUb3

Thank you both for your replies, I appreciate it.

Reaction score
Thats something you can try, but it doesn't have a closed side, which lets too much heat escape and would cause more time to bake for something like a pot pie.

If you want them fresh, for sale at a place like a farmers market, then you may have to set up shop early, and place some pies in the oven probably 30 minutes before people start showing up (or however long it takes to bake one). As you sell a pie, place another in the oven.

Realistically though, if you are selling anything with animal products in it, you will have to bake them hot enough and long enough to kill the bacteria, and I doubt a flash oven would do it in 5 minutes or less.

If you want something like this baked that fast, you are going to lose something in the process:
Pie integrity (chewy, hard, or raw crust and insides), safety (heating long enough to kill bacteria), or quality (have to be made with more crust, less filling, and smaller sizes).

The only other option is frying in a deep fryer, which seems the only way you could get what you want in the amount of time you want it. They heat up hot enough, cook quickly, and can heat the insides of pretty much anything enough to cook it and kill the bacteria.

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply. I'm using shredded beef that's cooked prior to the pie being baked, same with the other ingredients.Frying the pie is a good idea and definitely something I'm going to attempt really soon, thanks for that tip.

Ask a Question