Faux brioche cinnamon roll

Reaction score
I was going to bake a baguette this morning but realized a needed s new a couche. I did not want to waste the poolish I made last night; remembering a kugelhopf roll Emma Christensen several years ago, I figured I could wing a major improv on it. Ok, so maybe my dough wasn’t anything like her dough but baked, brushed with a little melted butter and dusted with cinnamon sugar it turned out pretty darn good for an improv.

04C3FA69-9F8B-41BD-904A-9357DDD1A6D6.jpeg

F6CFA5A3-D780-491B-9A0E-9BDCAAF59D3E.jpeg

Reaction score
I was going to bake a baguette this morning but realized a needed s new a couche. I did not want to waste the poolish I made last night; remembering a kugelhopf roll Emma Christensen several years ago, I figured I could wing a major improv on it. Ok, so maybe my dough wasn’t anything like her dough but baked, brushed with a little melted butter and dusted with cinnamon sugar it turned out pretty darn good for an improv.

View attachment 2287

View attachment 2288

Oh my goodness, they look delicious! Looks like they have a great texture too, I bet they're lovely and soft :)

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, they look delicious! Looks like they have a great texture too, I bet they're lovely and soft :)

Oh thank you. I gave them to my neighbor. She said the were billowy soft and just the right amount of cinnamons sugar. American
breakfast rolls tend toward those sugary cinnamon rolls with sticky icings. I like that this was light, buttery, but not too rich. So I’m going to work on a recipe

Reaction score
Oh thank you. I gave them to my neighbor. She said the were billowy soft and just the right amount of cinnamons sugar. American
breakfast rolls tend toward those sugary cinnamon rolls with sticky icings. I like that this was light, buttery, but not too rich. So I’m going to work on a recipe

I'm glad to hear that! :D Certainly sounds like good feedback.

J13

Reaction score
Ok, so maybe my dough wasn’t anything like her dough but baked, brushed with a little melted butter and dusted with cinnamon sugar it turned out pretty darn good for an improv.
Pretty good!? They're GORGEOUS! What lovely little...cinnamon-bun-muffins :D Cinnamuffbun? :p

Put them up for sale in a bakery and you could start a movement. Like the cronut. :cool:

Reaction score

View attachment 2287

View attachment 2288

Those look perfect.
I used to make brioche in the same mold, they didn't sell.
Then I sprinkled the dough with cinn sugar before rolling it up and they sold very well.
go figure.

Ask a Question