Favorite Bread?

Reaction score
What's your favorite bread to eat during a meal? Dinner rolls? French bread? Pita bread?

I love, LOVE french bread with some olive oil and sprinkled garlic especially with some spaghetti.

Reaction score
Ooooh! I have a recipe for Parmesan garlic bread! It's absolutely delicious! I always eat too much of it when we make it. When I make it for a gathering I have to make two or three loaves because it disappears so quickly!!

Reaction score
I like garlic bread or Texas toast ,which is still garlic bread but on different bread. I also like those little golf ball sized garlic rolls that some restaurants have.

Reaction score
Ooooh! I have a recipe for Parmesan garlic bread! It's absolutely delicious! I always eat too much of it when we make it. When I make it for a gathering I have to make two or three loaves because it disappears so quickly!!

Would you mind sharing the recipe, please? Thank you! :D

Reaction score
My significant other loves to eat crescent rolls during dinner, which is a real shame since they come from a tube. Personally, I love French or Italian bread during dinner; I love the crusty structure that allows me to scoop bits of dinner into my bread. In that vein, we have begun making "spaghetti bread" in which we pile our spaghetti (and mozzarella!) into a loaf of rolled dough and then braid the bread around the spaghetti. We use an egg white, some Parmesan cheese, and a touch of fresh parsley on the top to really make the crust special. It doesn't take long to bake and guests are WOWED every time they see the final product. My significant other HATES spaghetti, but absolutely loves this spaghetti bread (isn't it funny when someone hates something, but they just need the right recipe to fall in love?), so we have it several times a month at my house.

Reaction score
My significant other loves to eat crescent rolls during dinner, which is a real shame since they come from a tube. Personally, I love French or Italian bread during dinner; I love the crusty structure that allows me to scoop bits of dinner into my bread. In that vein, we have begun making "spaghetti bread" in which we pile our spaghetti (and mozzarella!) into a loaf of rolled dough and then braid the bread around the spaghetti. We use an egg white, some Parmesan cheese, and a touch of fresh parsley on the top to really make the crust special. It doesn't take long to bake and guests are WOWED every time they see the final product. My significant other HATES spaghetti, but absolutely loves this spaghetti bread (isn't it funny when someone hates something, but they just need the right recipe to fall in love?), so we have it several times a month at my house.

We make pepperoni bread here! It starts with my fresh pizza dough, which is rolled out, layered with mozzarella, grated parmesan, garlic powder, pepperoni, mushrooms down the middle third. I cut 1 inch strips of dough on the outside two thirds and then lace them together over the filling. An egg wash and sprinkled parsley on top make it complete. Folks gobble it up! (Even when I think it's come out sub-standard people rave about it.) I've also added other fillings with the pepperoni (and subtract the mushrooms for my youngest son who says they "taint" whatever comes near them!) I first got the idea for this bread from the recipe book Applehood and Mother Pie. I can't remember now what they used for crust and the idea for lacing the top came from a friend once-upon-a-time. Now this delicious treat is a family favorite!

Reaction score
I love sourdough bread either as garlic bread or as a garlic mozzarella sandwich. Yum!

Reaction score
We make pepperoni bread here! It starts with my fresh pizza dough, which is rolled out, layered with mozzarella, grated parmesan, garlic powder, pepperoni, mushrooms down the middle third. I cut 1 inch strips of dough on the outside two thirds and then lace them together over the filling. An egg wash and sprinkled parsley on top make it complete. Folks gobble it up! (Even when I think it's come out sub-standard people rave about it.) I've also added other fillings with the pepperoni (and subtract the mushrooms for my youngest son who says they "taint" whatever comes near them!) I first got the idea for this bread from the recipe book Applehood and Mother Pie. I can't remember now what they used for crust and the idea for lacing the top came from a friend once-upon-a-time. Now this delicious treat is a family favorite!

That sounds delicious! I will definitely be trying this next week! I feel the exact same about the spaghetti bread; even if it's ugly and certainly not my best, people are still so amazed and excited to eat it. At times, it makes me sad that people get so excited for what really are relatively simple recipes--it's sad to see the loss of those skills so clearly demonstrated by people who utter, "You made your own bread?!" But then again, it's fun to be the one to show people "the old way."

Reaction score
That sounds delicious! I will definitely be trying this next week! I feel the exact same about the spaghetti bread; even if it's ugly and certainly not my best, people are still so amazed and excited to eat it. At times, it makes me sad that people get so excited for what really are relatively simple recipes--it's sad to see the loss of those skills so clearly demonstrated by people who utter, "You made your own bread?!" But then again, it's fun to be the one to show people "the old way."

Since you really can't make people want to go back to the old ways you may as well appreciate being appreciated! :)

Reaction score
Since you really can't make people want to go back to the old ways you may as well appreciate being appreciated! :)

People have become so disconnected from baking bread by hand that now when I look for books on baking bread, most of them are for bread machines because nobody wants to knead dough. I actually enjoy letting the dough rise and kneading it by hand. Is is that difficult that people need a machine for it?
I think people think that making bread is harder than it actually is.

Reaction score
People have become so disconnected from baking bread by hand that now when I look for books on baking bread, most of them are for bread machines because nobody wants to knead dough. I actually enjoy letting the dough rise and kneading it by hand. Is is that difficult that people need a machine for it?
I think people think that making bread is harder than it actually is.

I agree, ACSAPA. I don't make bread a lot but mostly that's because if I make it I EAT it, and I could eat a LOT! LOL. I also don't think bread from machines is as good as handmade.

My nephew is an artist when it comes to making bread. He's self educated and really has a love for it. I watched him make bread once and it was a pleasure! I asked for the recipe and what he sent me was a piece of artwork (he's actually a freelance artist as well, so I was pleased but not surprised at his work) I have made his recipe and it came out NO WHERE NEAR as good as his, which was chewy on the outside and soft on the inside...a pleasure to eat! He and his wife opened a cafe in January and he makes all their baked goods by hand, including several varieties of bread. He just loves it!

Reaction score
I love Hawaiian bread. It's just a perfect texture and amount of sweetness! I enjoy hamburgers on it actually. Sourdough bread is also pretty close for me though!

Reaction score
My favorites are sourdough bread, and cottage dill bread. I can make the cottage dill in my bread machine, and since I usually have cottage cheese on the fridge, and dill in the spice rack, it is an easy bread to make, and goes well with almost everything.
I used to have a sourdough starter, but haven't had one lately, but when we start into fall, and more of a cooler, baking weather, then maybe I will start one again.

Ask a Question