Favorite "Comfort Food" Pastry?

Reaction score
I know that many of us have comfort foods like mac-n-cheese but was curious to know what your favorite pastry was to make or eat to put you in a better mood?

Reaction score
It really depends on what sort of mood I am in. If I am somewhat sad then it is chocolate cake all the way. I am also addicted to bread so on the days that I am eating comfort food such as chili or soup I like to have bread with it.

Reaction score
It's got to be a good steak pie, ade with very tender beef and a slightly peppery gravy. I love homemade steak pie but we've also got two amazing butchers in this town which both do the most amazing pies I've ever tasted!

Reaction score
I try not to eat food for comfort (recovery compulsive overeater, here) but I do love a good homemade baking powder biscuit. Combined with a healthy overall meal choice they are a delicacy for me! (and we're having them for dinner tonight!)

Reaction score
I try to stay away from the sweet treats, too. What I usually crave is APPLE PIE ! I know it is not good for me, but always am looking at the pies when I walk through the bakery section at the grocery store.
Then, I saw a recipe for apple/oatmeal breakfast made in the crockpot, but it was for a whole family to eat, and had to cook all night.

I decided to modify the recipe for just me.
I put about a third cup of oatmeal in a plastic microwave bowl, add a chopped apple, cinnamon, cloves, brown sugar, coconut oil, and cover it with water, stir, and microwave it for 3 minutes. Then, I stir it again, and it is the most delicious treat, but still made with healthy ingredients.
Fast, easy, and delicious !

Reaction score
Italian Zuccoto. The recipe I use is from Giada on Food Network, and it's only semi-homemade, but boy, do I love it! :)

Reaction score
Italian Zuccoto. The recipe I use is from Giada on Food Network, and it's only semi-homemade, but boy, do I love it! :)

I had no idea what this is so I just copied and pasted it into my search engine. I think I might be sorry I did that! Oh my goodness, does it look delicious and decadent. Now just for a special occasion to make it....do you think it's okay to simply celebrate "Sunday" and go for it?

Incidentally, Giada's Food Network recipe was the top "hit" for my search. Now to go back and bookmark that page!

Reaction score
I find coffee and doughnuts kind of comforting, but I try not to indulge too often because it's not healthy to use food to cheer myself up.

Reaction score
I love chocolate so my favorite "chocolate comforts" are brownies and chocolate chip cookies. I also love chocolate glazed donuts, chocolate pie and chocolate cake! If I don't feel like baking anything, I will just have my hubby run to the store and grab me a king size reese's ;-)

Reaction score
I had no idea what this is so I just copied and pasted it into my search engine. I think I might be sorry I did that! Oh my goodness, does it look delicious and decadent. Now just for a special occasion to make it....do you think it's okay to simply celebrate "Sunday" and go for it?

Incidentally, Giada's Food Network recipe was the top "hit" for my search. Now to go back and bookmark that page!

Oh man, Sunday is the BEST reason for celebration, haha! If I could make this every week and not gain weight I would. :p I hope you like the recipe!

Reaction score
My favorite comfort food pastries are probably cheese danish crumbles. I love putting cinnamon crumble on it sometimes, too, depending on what mood I'm in. I just love cheese danishes. My next favorite would probably be apple turnovers. I'm definitely feeling all this fall food going along with this fall weather!

Reaction score
A warm classic meat pie. They serve the best meat pies at a cafe near my university and I would always have them without fail on cold, gloomy days. They come accompanied with some brown mushroom sauce that is to die for. Warms you right up.

Reaction score
Comfort food to me means something that brings back happy memories and a lot of those memories center around childhood treats. I remember my grandmother making the most wonderful strudels and nut rolls. Apple strudel still warm from the oven, with that crisp outer layer and the soft apple center.... mmm. So good.

Reaction score
Comfort food to me means something that brings back happy memories and a lot of those memories center around childhood treats. I remember my grandmother making the most wonderful strudels and nut rolls. Apple strudel still warm from the oven, with that crisp outer layer and the soft apple center.... mmm. So good.

Oh man, I love strudel. I have a hard time finding a good one, too. Maybe I'll have to figure out how to make it myself now that the weather is getting chilly again.

Reaction score
You are so right. You just can't buy a decent strudel anywhere unless you find a good old fashioned bakery. The trick is getting the dough just right so it is flaky and slightly crisp.

I hope you are able to make some. I love baking when the weather gets cold too. Warms the house up and makes everything smell so good.

Reaction score
Panera Bread has this spinach & artichoke quiche thing that you can get in the mornings, that I absolutely love. They hold up well too if you grab one on your way to work but get stuck in traffic before you can enjoy it. If I knew I had a crazy day at work ahead of me, or someone/something was really pissing me off at work that day, I would head out early and stop and grab one of these on my way, and enjoy it at my desk before everyone else started coming in.

Reaction score
Baked potatoes can be so very comforting. You can prepare then in a verity of ways. Cheesy bacon baked potatoes are delouse as well garlic chive baked potatoes. Baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon and sugar are a good way to satisfy a sweet tooth. The best thing is you can keep potatoes on hand and bake them and add almost anything on top to make a tasty snack.

Ask a Question