Favorite Crockpot Recipes?

Reaction score
I am in love with my Crockpot! It's just so ridiculously easy, and always turns out so yummy. I'm always on the look out for new recipes to try out, so what are some of your favorite Crockpot recipes? I'll start us off. :)

My boyfriend's grandfather gets a deer every year, and they send us home with a TON of venison steaks. One of my favorite things to do with it is make steak fajitas in the Crockpot. I don't really measure anything (one of the many joys of using the Crockpot, haha.) so feel free to add or subtract to taste!

A bunch of venison steak (I have a large Crockpot and we eat leftovers for a day or two afterward)
Fajita or taco seasoning
2-3 chopped green and/or red peppers
1 chopped onion
3 chopped garlic cloves

Sometimes I mix it up with the ingredients I have... I'll toss a jar of salsa in there, or some fresh chopped tomato, or a can or two of black beans. Anything you'd like on your taco / fajita, really!

Cook on low for 8 hours. I've cooked on high for 6 hours when I was running short on time, but for the meat to get super tender and shred easily, the low setting is best.

Reaction score
Yum! Sounds tasty!! My brother and brother in law hunt every year too and we always seem to end up with deer, antelope and elk meat! Not complaining at all!!! Anything to help save money!! :)

I also love my crock pot! I use it several times a week and like you just love how easy it makes things! :)

I have a recipe for brisket that I made last night. It turned out so tender and good! I was so happy!! LOL Mine is going to be a little longer than yours. :) It is from the Kraft Food and Family magazine (love it!):

3/4 c. barbeque sauce
1/4 c. flour (I used gluten free as my daughter is intolerant)
1 1/2 lb small red potatoes (about 10) cut in half
3 carrots, peeled, cut lengthwise, then crosswise in half (I didn't use carrots as I don't like how they taste cooked)
1 onion, cut lengthwise in half, then sliced crosswise
1 beef brisket (3 lb)

whisk barbecue sauce and flour until blended.
place vegetables in slow cooker; top with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce mixture and meat.
cover with lid. cook on low 8 to 9 hours.
meanwhile refrigerate remaining barbecue sauce mixture until ready to use.

remove meat from slow cooker. place on cutting board.
cover and let stand 10 minutes. meanwhile, use slotted spoon to transfer vegetables to platter.
whisk remaining barbecue sauce mixture into juices in slow cooker. cook, covered, on high 10 min. or until thickened.

cut meat across the grain into thin slices. add to platter with vegetables. drizzle with sauce.

Enjoy!!! :)

Reaction score
I saw this on Pinterest. I'm a fan of orange chicken, and this looks like an easy crock pot recipe.

77c538703ddc303796f75402f6ed67aa.jpg

Reaction score
That looks really good! I am always looking for new recipes. Especially chicken. My family members are not big fans of chicken. I used to always use chicken breasts in my recipes and it seemed that no matter how I made them they would always be dry. So, a few years ago I switched to boneless, skinless chicken thighs and I use them in everything!! :) So moist!

I will try this with the thighs instead and see how it turns out. Have you used it with the breasts? Just curious how it turned out if you did. :)

I love that you make it and can freeze it to use later! Great idea!! :)

Reaction score
That looks really good! I am always looking for new recipes. Especially chicken. My family members are not big fans of chicken. I used to always use chicken breasts in my recipes and it seemed that no matter how I made them they would always be dry. So, a few years ago I switched to boneless, skinless chicken thighs and I use them in everything!! :) So moist!

I will try this with the thighs instead and see how it turns out. Have you used it with the breasts? Just curious how it turned out if you did. :)

I love that you make it and can freeze it to use later! Great idea!! :)

I made it with the breasts and it wasn't dry because you're slow cooking it in a liquid on low heat, and you know what cooking meat low and slow does to the tenderness.

Reaction score
Yes, I do! :) but for some reason even when I slow cook chicken breasts it still ends up dry. To be honest I prefer the taste of thighs anyway.

So I guess I'll just try it with thighs since that is what we prefer. At least that way I can be assured that they will like it and eat it!

Thanks for the feedback though. I appreciate that! :)

Reaction score
I gave my crockpot away because on the days that I work in the office I am away from home for ten hours or more. I envy all of you that are able to use them.

Reaction score
How about Pepsi pot roast in the crock pot? For some reason, cola and meat is a magical combination.

http://foodraf.com/pepsi-pot-roast/#.UhU-yX_k-X0

Awesome! I have heard that pop was good for softening meat but I've never tried it. I think it must do the same thing to meat that vinegar does. I use vinegar in a pulled pork recipe. It wasn't meant for the crock pot - but that is how I do it because I don't have time to stand over the stove and babysit a pot!! ;-)

I'm going to print this out and give it a go. My husband won 1/2 a beef last year and I am still trying to figure out a way to use up all the roasts that are left. This might just be the ticket!!! :)

Thanks for posting! I'm going to check out the recipe for the chicken tacos too!! Yay! Keep them coming!!! LOL :)

Reaction score
Awesome! I have heard that pop was good for softening meat but I've never tried it. I think it must do the same thing to meat that vinegar does. I use vinegar in a pulled pork recipe. It wasn't meant for the crock pot - but that is how I do it because I don't have time to stand over the stove and babysit a pot!! ;-)

I'm going to print this out and give it a go. My husband won 1/2 a beef last year and I am still trying to figure out a way to use up all the roasts that are left. This might just be the ticket!!! :)

Thanks for posting! I'm going to check out the recipe for the chicken tacos too!! Yay! Keep them coming!!! LOL :)

Wow. A whole side of beef. That's a great prize, especially with meat being so expensive. If I find any more crock pot beef recipes, I'll post them here.

Reaction score
I know, right?! We felt very blessed!! We probably wouldn't have been able to buy it!

I made the pulled chicken for tacos last night. It was really good! I used boneless, skinless thighs and put them in frozen. I actually just cooked on low for 7 hours since they were boneless. But, the meat fell off the fork just getting it out of the crockpot to shred!! Talk about tender! I think next time I will use one more envelope of taco seasoning - I couldn't really taste the one. I think I might also reduce the chicken broth since the thighs were frozen. When they thawed I think they almost doubled the liquid! Still very good and super easy!

I'm adding it to my recipes!! I liked it in place of beef for tacos for a change. :)

Looking forward to more recipes!! LOL :)

Reaction score
Very nice! I've added the link to my bookmarks so I can go back and use it later. That is so handy that you can put it all together first, freeze and then dump in the crock pot later!!! :)

I'm all for time savers!! :)

You must do a lot of crock potting too? I sure appreciate you sharing all these recipes with me. I am going to be so ready for fall!! :)

Reaction score
Very nice! I've added the link to my bookmarks so I can go back and use it later. That is so handy that you can put it all together first, freeze and then dump in the crock pot later!!! :)

I'm all for time savers!! :)

You must do a lot of crock potting too? I sure appreciate you sharing all these recipes with me. I am going to be so ready for fall!! :)

I do like crock potting because I can walk away and get other things done.
Check out these artisan crock pots. Aren't they fun? This site also has hundreds of crock pot recipes.

http://www.365daysofcrockpot.com/2011/06/what-crock.html

Reaction score
I don't have a crock pot, but I think I am going to get me one now after seeing all these great recipies to make. They all sound really tasty and something different for a change.

Reaction score
Honestly the thing I love the most about my crockpot is how easy it makes cooking dry beans. I am far too impatient and lazy to invest the proper effort :)

Reaction score
Honestly the thing I love the most about my crockpot is how easy it makes cooking dry beans. I am far too impatient and lazy to invest the proper effort :)

I don't usually make dried beans because I'm put off by the washing and soaking. Do you mean that the crockpot speeds up the soaking process with the beans? That would be cool because having to soak beans overnight is why I don't make dried beans.

Reaction score
So, yesterday, I made some pulled pork. I usually use a recipe that I have from Martha Stewart. But, I decided to use one of the new recipe makers from Kraft. It has a simmering sauce and then what it calls a finishing sauce. So, the ingredients in the simmering sauce are very similar to what I would have used in the Martha recipe. And, the finishing sauce is basically a barbeque sauce. It was nice because everything is already mixed for you - you just pour it over the meat, turn on the crock pot and walk away. My daughter was doing homework when it was finished and kept asking for pieces of the meat while I was pulling it!!! LOL I will be putting the finishing sauce on tonight when I reheat it for dinner. Usually if you are making and serving the same day, you would put the meat back in the crock pot and add the finishing sauce and heat on high for 10 minutes or so.
I also used one of the recipe starters with a roast and it was really good!
Has anyone else tried these? :)

Ask a Question