Favorite Dessert That's Not Too Sweet?

Reaction score
I love to bake but I've run into a problem. What I make is sometimes too sweet. I'm not a huge fan of cakes due to this reason. I would use less sugar but I don't usually know how sweet they are until I make them.

Does anyone have any dessert recipes that are not too sweet that they would like to share?
Any recipes would be great.
Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Hi,
I would suggest sticking to your favorite recipes, but reducing the sugar. Try experimenting with cutting 1/3 of the sugar (or other sweetener). Some liquid measurements might need to be adjusted as well since sugar counts as a liquid. I have had good results doing this.

Reaction score
I can't seem to remember any dessert recipes that is not to sweet as i have a very sweet tooth, the only thing i can think of at this moment is bread pudding which i love so much. I found a recipe online for you:

• 1 lb day-old white bread (preferable hardo bread)
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 cup rum
  • 1/3 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 4 cups whole milk
  • 5 eggs (beaten well)

Read more: http://www.jamaicans.com/cooking/cakes/breadpudding.shtml#ixzz3ANdG5g6f

Ask a Question